Search results

1. K

Minion DHF 27.5 - WTF?

I'm looking for Maxxis Minion DHF 27.5 3C EXO TR tyres but it seems no one has any in stock... Has Maxxis decided to discontinue this tyre or have the Canadians bought all of the stock to cover their incoming winter?? Anyone know somewhere online or LBS with these in stock?
  2. K

Chicken Run, Mt Riv Closed ?!?

Facebook tells me that Blue Mountains City Council (BMCC) have without any prior notice or consultation brought in an excavator to destroy Chicken Run at Mt Riv? Please say it aint so! It's the only thing in the LBM that makes visits to my nearby in-laws bareable!!
  3. K

Preventing damage from bars hitting top tube

Just picked up a new XC bike, and as part of my usual setup I restacked the headset spacers to drop the stem/bars. All of my other bikes have no spacers under the stem, but with this setup on the new XC rig the brakes and shifters hit the top tube when turned 90 degrees. I guess my options are...
  4. K

ACT Deore M615 Crankset 24/38 - New $70 ono SOLD

Item: Shimano Deore M615 crankset 24/38 Location: Canberra, ACT Item Condition: New, taken off new bike never ridden. Very slight marks around pedal axle from original pedals. Reason for selling: XT x1 setup. Price and price conditions: $70 ono plus postage. Will also do pickup if you are...
  5. K

Shimano Shadow+ Clutch Adjustment

The clutch on my XT Shadow+ mech has gone a bit floppy after ~500Km. I had been thinking about replacing it. Then, I stumbled across this: http://www.bikeradar.com/au/mtb/gear/article/trail-tech-how-to-adjust-a-shimano-shadow-plus-rear-derailleur-36461/ Anyone done this and got any tips or...
  6. K

Shimano Deore M615 Brakes F&R - new - SOLD

Item: Shimano Deore M615 Brakes - front and rear SOLD SOLD SOLD Location: Canberra, ACT Item Condition: New, taken off new bike never ridden. Reason for selling: Put bigger brakes on new bike. Price and price conditions: $100 plus postage. Will also do pickup if you are keen. Extra Info...
  7. K

ACT SOLD - Kona Coiler 2005 (large) $500 ono

Item: Kona Coiler 2005 Location: Canberra, ACT. Pickup preferred. Item Condition: Fair - well ridden and loved. Reason for selling: Too many bikes - need to make space in my garage. Price and price conditions: $500 ono Extra Info: Awesome ride anything bike would be great for beginner or...
  8. K

Five reasons not to convert 26in to 650b

I need to replace the front wheel on my 26" Giant Trance, and have been thinking about converting to a 650B front wheel. After seeing this article on Bike Radar, I'm now thinking maybe I should play safe and stick to 26. Trail Tech: Five reasons not to convert 26in to 650b My bike usually...
  9. K

Front wheels

Item: Front wheels Location: Canberra or Blue Mountains Price range/Willing to Pay: nothing ;-) Extra Info: Need a couple of old front wheels to help out my in-laws with a fun project for their club. As long as they are not totally taco'd, should be fine. Happy to pickup anywhere in...
  10. K

Gravity XC - Sun 3 July

Just wanted to put out a huge thanks to CORC and the volunteers for the Gravity XC race on Sunday. I had a great time, managed 3 runs - although I just missed out on the podium ;-) Having also been at the previous 2010 Gravity XC, these events have a great vibe and attract a good mix of the MTB...
  11. K

Best pre-ride cereal?

My favourite pre-ride cereal, Uncle Toby's Plus Crisp n' Crunchy has been discontinued (bastards!). I am now at a total loss for a suitable replacement for fueling up before big rides. I have checked: Farkins favourite cereal What do you eat/drink/do before a ride? How do you recover...
  12. K

Giant TranceX - no lower shock bush?

Finally getting round to replacing the shock du bushes in my 2008 Trance X1. After pulling out the shock (Fox RP2), I found that there is no lower bush?!? Has the whole thing disintegrated? or does it not need a du bush? Seems there's a little bit of play between the shock eyelet and the...
  13. K

Pump Track World Champs

Here's some vid I shot last night at the Pump Track World Champs (Kambah, Australia). Hannah won the inaugural event, but Fairclough might have won if not for a problem with the timing gear. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txpoCb48TYY
  14. K

Rear wheel (or wheelset) for FR/DH

What: Strong 26 inch rear wheel (or wheelset if the price is right) in new/near new condition for freeride/downhill, 135mm hub with 6 bolt disc mount. Price range/Willing to Pay: $350 max Location: Canberra Extra Info: Prefer 36 spoke wheel with QR. I'm replacing a Sun Singletrack, so i'd...
  15. K

Giant Trance 2008

I saw on Cycling News that the new 2008 Giant Trance has been released in the USA... http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2007/features/giant_mtb_launch07 I was thinking of buying a 2007 Trance on discount as they get ready for the new model to arrive.... but given there is a new...
  16. K

Thompson Seatpost

What: Thompson Seatpost, 27.2mm diameter, at least 350mm long. Price range/Willing to Pay: Give me your best offer. Location: Canberra. Extra Info: As-new or damn good condition - not much else, it's only a seat post.
  17. K

BigBit

Rode for the first time at BigBit on the weekend. It is an awesome track, so many sections that I want in my backyard. The only problem I had was at the end of the trail it crosses over a dry creek bed and then the trail disappears? I spent a while looking around and all I could find was a...
  18. K

Free Club Race Entry for CORC Members

The following is hot off the CORC website (BTW it's http://www.corc.asn.au). Free Club Race Entry for CORC Members Posted: Sunday, November 06, 2005 The benefits of being a CORC member ! This announcement reflects a decision taken by the CORC committe at the 2 Nov meeting...