Search results

1. mtb1611

Canberra this Weekend?

Morning all. In a case of appalling timing we're currently bound for Canberra for 3 days of riding.....Steinlo is closed, is it worth checking anywhere out given the current conditions or just heading straight to the brewery?! Cheers. Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk
  2. mtb1611

Disc Brake Issues: no power.

Greetings. Having issues with braking power on the rear for both of my son's bikes. One is low level Shmano hydraulic, the other mechanical, but the issues are identical on both; virtually NO bite. I've tried everything I can think of (plenty of net searches) to remedy the scenario but to no...
  3. mtb1611

Crank Removal Question.

Greetings. Need to remove a pair of Truvativ Descendant cranks off my stumpy, to grease the BB. I need a particular pinned tool to remove the cap over the 8mm hex bolt, as seen in pic. Any idea what this tool is called? Thanks! Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  4. mtb1611

Floor Mounted Bike Racks

As per title, any recommendations re a floor mounted bike rack (rear wheel in)? Have seen a few advertised, just wondering if anyone had any advice re models to recommend, and those to stay clear of. Looking for on to hold 5 bikes, both mtb and road. Cheers.
  5. mtb1611

Skiing Destination for Beginners NSW

Greetings. Thought I'd pick the collective brains of the skiiers here. I haven't been skiing since 1999 and have only skiied NSW snowfields. My sons (both 15) have never seen snow and as such have never skiied, so I'd like to take them in 2021. Any recommendations on the most suitable place to...
  6. mtb1611

How to New Bike Setup Advice

Evening all. I've just gone from a 2013 Giant Trance X 29er 0 to a Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Carbon and they're obviously two very different animals. Whilst they share many similar dimensions, they have just as many differences; slightly longer wheelbase but shorter chainstays on the...
  7. mtb1611

Whole-Bike Services Recommendations (Sydney)

Evening all, Looking to get a complete overhaul performed on my bike; front and rear suspension serviced, brakes bled, pivots and linkages cleaned and lubed, drivetrain tune, wheels trued etc. Can anyone recommend a place in Sydney that will undertake all of this in one hit, or am I better off...
  8. mtb1611

Samsung Cloud Help

Evening all. Having trouble accessing data on my Samsung Cloud account and Google hasn't yielded any help. I can log in, but my page only shows that my data is there, and the quantity, as per screenshot below. I can usually see what's in the gallery, for example, then navigate through pics...
  9. mtb1611

NSW SOLD XT 2 x 10 Groupset (excluding hubs and BB)

Item: XT Groupset Location: Item Condition: Used Reason for selling: Converted to 1 x 11 Price and price conditions: $200 plus postage, will not separate Extra Info: As indicated in pics, items have seen considerable use but are still functioning. Considerable wear on outside of non-drive side...
  10. mtb1611

Thredbo Trip

Evening all. A few mates and I are heading to Thredbo next week, riding Thurs-Sun. We're predominantly XC riders (although not weight weenie whippets) and would like some suggestions as to a few recommended loops or combinations of loops, equivalent to 3-4 hours riding each day. Definitely keen...
  11. mtb1611

NBN Options (Sydney)

Greetings all. Apologies if this has been posted before but the title was/is too short for the search function to handle; feel free to direct me to existing threads if need be. Currently on Telstra ADSL2 in South Western Sydney however this will be switched off in August and as such I'm looking...
  12. mtb1611

Trance X 29er 1 x 11 Conversion

Greetings. CRC currently have a cracking deal on the Shimano XT 1 x 11 conversion and I'm thinking of purchasing one to convert my 2013 Giant Trance X 29er from 2 x 10. Currently running 24-32 chainrings and a 11-36 cassette with 175mm cranks. Looking at the kit the cassette is 11-42 with...
  13. mtb1611

New Phone: Currently on iPhone.....

Greetings. Mobile plan ends in a month or so, thought I'd start looking around at alternatives. I don't mind the iphone but the camera is very ordinary (largely useless in terms of night pics without flash or zoomed in) and I despise the modus operandi of Apple, particularly in regard to the...
  14. mtb1611

imessage/email Issue

Greetings tech-minded iFarkers. I keep receiving emails to my iphone from a couple of addresses, appearing as regular text messages. Can't seem to find a way to stop this from occurring despite much searching. Any suggestions? Cheers
  15. mtb1611

Pic Upload Fail

Greeting IT people. Keep getting a fail message when attempting to attach images to posts, via all manner of browser - any suggestions? Am on a mac, if that's relevant. Cheers
  16. mtb1611

Billion Router Issue

Greetings. Managed to pick up a Billion router very cheap, given that our stock standard Telstra modem is a bit of a dog. Connection is fine (old modem still works) but I can't get the Billion to connect; green DSL light, red internet light. I'm something of a ludite when it comes to setups...
  17. mtb1611

XT M785 Chainring Alternative

Morning all. Time has come to replace the drivetrain on the TranceX and I'm looking at alternatives to the outer chainring (currently a Shimano XT M785 38T) given that they're so damn pricey! Was going to stick with the same cassette (11-36) however am certainly open to suggestions in regard...
  18. mtb1611

Grips (Lock On)

Just curious as to what type of grips y'all are running. The stockers on the Trance are up for replacement and I'd like something comfy without being too thick and cumbersome. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! Ben
  19. mtb1611

Accountability of Parole Boards....

Re the case of Adrian Bayley (serial rapist and killer of Jill Meagher), why are parole boards not held accountable for releasing convicted criminals who, upon early release, continue to commit further crimes? For the vast majority of us, performing the roles for which we are employed with...
  20. mtb1611

Search Function Issues

Greetings. Having probs with the Advanced search function; all the option boxes appear to be overlapping, with gobbledegook (technical term) appearing at the top of the page. Suggestions?