Search results

1. Jpez

Second Hand Bike Recommendation

And for us taller folk thank Fark for that. Running the dropper full height on older geos meant wheelies all day long but a shitful time trying to keep the front wheel on the ground during climbs. Steep ST’s all day long for me thanks.
  2. Jpez

We are also caring and understanding so realise there is a journey. Usually goes hardtail, cheap dually, upgrades, expensive dually, then upgrades. Then more upgrades and before you know it you’ve spent an unspeakable sum of money. so to save you all that trauma we recommend you add a 1 onto...
  3. Jpez

No wonder bike companies are going bust when bikes are being pretty much given away at cost!
  4. Jpez

But unfortunately he’s not wrong.
  5. Jpez

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I don’t disagree.
  6. Jpez

VIC Large 2023 Commencal MetaSX v4 + Fork + Shock

Is on front. Mullet 27 rear though. You should buy this. Damn good bike and damn good deal.
  7. Jpez

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Certainly is for me! I rode behind someone on a fairly stock Canyon the other day and I’m dripping with bougy bits and he was faster, better and more naturally talented than I could ever hope to be. Plus he’s been off the bike for 3 months through injury. But damn I looked good! Hehe…
  8. Jpez

Hahaha!
  9. Jpez

@kten can I have first dibs pretty please?
  10. Jpez

Poor Mans Disc Facing Tool

Sounds like you’re the perfect candidate for the laser handlebar straightening tool!
  11. Jpez

Bargain buys thread

This. I love fucking around with marketing’s ’you can’t mix and match the drivetrain under any circumstances ’. Bullshit. Just recently I was running a shimano xt cassette, XO1 rear mech with Garburuk extended cage with pulley wheels, KMC chain, Alugear chain ring, E13 cranks and sram shifter...
  12. Jpez

The pet thread, post em up!

Uh oh. Accidentally walked down the pet isle at Bunnings and accidentally spent a fortune :D
  13. Jpez

Snakes

After looking at a few images I’m going with the Whip snake.
  14. Jpez

The pet thread, post em up!

Absolutely! She’s the sweetest most gentle dog. plan is to get her on some trails!
  15. Jpez

Snakes

Well he was earlier talking about spikes in his knob and his balls on his pedal so I’m a bit suspicious TBH!
  16. Jpez

Snakes

So out night riding at the you yangs and seeing lots of critters. Scorpions, spiders, etc. Just cruising down my last run on Cressy and almost run over this little guy in the track. He’s actually pretty small. Much smaller than the photo Looks. Maybe a foot long at most.
  17. Jpez

The bike industry crisis

Probably. I own a bike from GG that went under. I’ll still be buying the bikes I want regardless. I want to support the little guys. Little guys push boundaries more, usually innovate more and build stuff that appeals to me for many reasons. Of course I’d be feeling any potential company out...
  18. Jpez

Raaw Madonna V2.2

Thank you. It gives me many stokes. I generally run 19ish front and 22ish rear. Rear only as I run an insert. If not it would be more.
  19. Jpez

Raaw Madonna V2.2

Two people on the MTBr mezzer thread just said they just burnished the bushings and are amazed with the difference. Suddenly plush over the small chatter. I’ll be searching around for a burnishing tool I thing and doing the quad ring mod.
  20. Jpez

How stolen does this look, or a bargain and get on it.

One of the other photos shows a bunch of the components from the rear so my guess was he ran over it with the car or something