Search results

1. D

eMTB and eBike - third party insurance situation (not theft)

All the Specialized models sold in Australia comply with the standard for pedal assist e-bikes. The 250W is a nominal figure and short bursts above that figure are permitted without affecting compliance with the European standard that Vic Roads has adopted. The only area that might cause an...
  2. D

Helmet suggestions?

+1 for the Ambush. I got one because my Bell Super wasn't that great in warm to hot weather - when the Bell padding reached saturation point it would drip sweat down my forehead into my eyes. No such problems with the Ambush. The Bell Super still comes out on colder sub 12 degree days when...
  3. D

Noob to downhill - need help with choosing a bike

Nice rig there Mick. Should have no troubles getting the suspension dialled to meet your needs with that setup. Are you still considering the Solo Air Spring upgrade for the Boxxer? I've recently had my Boxxer Team upgraded and have no absolutely regrets at all - I can now accurately set the...
  4. D

Chain reaction cycles

Same experience here too. Skynet are no DHL by anyones standard. Ordered on 3/3, Shipped 3/3. I had expected to receive it on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest however as at Monday still no tracking info. Emailed CRC to find out what was going on and was told parcel was definitely in...
  5. D

Noob to downhill - need help with choosing a bike

slowmick, that was my Demo 8 II you rolled around the carpark on. I did consider letting you do a run on it but since the suspension was set up for a 89kg person it really wasn't going to perform at it's best under you. That said the Aurums in the ATC hire fleet are not really set up for the...