Search results

1. Corty

2009 Sparrow Hill Tour

BTW did anyone notice those two KTM moto's idling in the pack at the start of Sports C ??:D:D:D:D
  2. Corty

Mont 24hr

Forrest Thinning Having seen first hand thinning done at Majura and Tuggers many years ago, they pretty much destroy all the single track with the heavy machinery used in the process.:( But hey you can't fear change, perhaps we'll now get that 6ft kicker at the end of Bobsled :D
  3. Corty

The 2008 Nissan UCI Mountain Bike World Cup in Canberra website is now live.

Looks like someone missed the "keep trail clear" signage ;) Nah just saw it today and it appears to be bunted off further up the 4X track. Also now we've had a few days rain around Weston Creek how's the new climb shaping up? Open for wannbe UCI punters yet? Props to the XC course...
  4. Corty

MTB World Cup at Stromlo

I'd never begrudge comments (and I'm sure also CORC), as long as your suggestions and comments are current and not based on the 2007 Nationals etc. Stromlo is in a constant state of flux with improvements being made continually to improve the facility. The ACT govt has just dropped another...
  5. Corty

MTB World Cup at Stromlo

I believe Glen Jacobs was encouraging regular riders at Stromlo to unofficially adopt at tree somewhere along the trunk trail. The concept essentially being to stop on your ride and give the tree a little water from your CamelBak and some TLC. I just can't stop running over my little bugger :D
  6. Corty

CORC Tara Llanes Benefit Super D Race - Majura - 17Feb

I'm hoping it crops up sooner than next year! I missed it too due to family stuff:(, but from reports it was run in a downhill-ish fashion will practice runs in the morning. If I actually make it to the next one, I'd like to see minimal practice and straight up racing with runs close together...
  7. Corty

Scott mc 30 and mc 40 opinions...

I've had my MC-50 for almost 2 years and done a few XC races and 24's on it - besides heaps of trail rides. Like others have said, ignore the suggested rear shock settings or you'll constantly be hitting your cranks, pedals and chain rings on stuff. Also talking to the official Scott mechanic at...
  8. Corty

Gear Cable

Yeah ditto for the XTR, which I've got in regular deore casing. Just take out the old cable and hose WD40 through the casing until squeaky clean. Then install new XTR cable with tons of triflow. note if your casings aren't in good shape then no cable is gunna work too well:o
  9. Corty

2008 National Mountain Bike Championships website live

The only thing embarrassing is your attitude mate.
  10. Corty

XC Race Rules

I've definitely seen a few nutters riding CX bikes at CORC XC club races and there were plenty of 29-ers at this year's Scott 24Hr, so they're definitely not forbidden. In the case of the CX bike, if the race course designer decides to include technical rock and log sections you'd have no right...
  11. Corty

Please participate in this survey

I'd really like to see an XC/AM dually that physically locks out the rear to give a real hardtail feeling for climbs & fire trails. Yes, there are already various shocks with "lockout" modes which IMHO still have a little squish and at times will give under pressure. But my dream XC dually would...
  12. Corty

NWD8: Smack Down – In Stores Now

Tell me that guy in the trailer did NOT just pull a flip whip!?!?!? Whateva that f^&kin was it looked IN-sane!!:D:D:D:D Right where to I buy this???
  13. Corty

I dont like wearing a helmet!

Idiots who don't wear helmets are just helping along the natural selection process of the human race. So I don't really have a problem with that, I just don't like the bad press that DH/DJ/BMX/MTB in general gets when these wanna be cool guys axe themselves and then try to sue people or claim...
  14. Corty

4x rules?

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but what separates a 4X bike from a dirt jump HT or small travel/HT DH bike?? It seems most have a sloping top tube, short stem, 80mm forks and fairly solid wheels.
  15. Corty

easy fix bike tube repairs

F#$KING H3LL!!! way to jinx myself!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad: 3 F&^KING flats today!!!! And now I can say the ParkTools patches are sh!t and the cheapo ones from my LBS work heaps better. But before even patching I changed the tube which lasted all of about 10 mins!!! That's it I quit, I'm...
  16. Corty

easy fix bike tube repairs

Not sure what's so fast about changing tubes. IMHO I think (glueless) patching is pretty quick. You only have to remove the punctured section of the tube from the tyre and wipe off any dirt and/or talc + remove the offending sharp thing and apply the patch. A bit of sweat or spit :p to clean it...
  17. Corty

Mont Wrap Up

Wow that's one hell of a "wrap up":rolleyes: How were the track conditions after the rain in Canberra over the past few days? How did the ~10km track hold up to the traffic? Were there too many riders per metre? Was there an event centre and if so, was there any atmosphere? I missed heading...
  18. Corty

Corc Wtf?

Also a thread on this in General Discussion here http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=104053 For the record NationalSeries was also hit. Can't find any webmaster contact email addresses in the Google caches of the sites so hopefully they'll notice soon.
  19. Corty

24Hr Wrap UP

I believe the high non-rider numbers could be attributed to Stromlo Forrest Park being so close to the city and easily accessible. My wife and young family (not too keen on MTBs) who would never even consider visiting me during a 24Hr in the depths of Kowen Forrest, happily visited twice during...
  20. Corty

MTBA-National Series Website

Yep, I was just about to post it myself and saw this thread. So far I've found MTBA, National Series and CORC have been 0wn3d.:o