Search results

1. mike14

Hurstbridge to Yea

I was meant to be riding the Victorian Rail Trail this Sunday, but the good people at V-line have replaced trains with buses and altered the schedule, which means I have no way to get to Tallarook. There is the option for me to train to Hurstbridge and ride up to meet the Trail near Yea through...
  2. mike14

VIC Found - SLX 170mm crank

Item: Non drive side SLX crank 170mm Location: Vic. Happy to pay postage Price range/Willing to Pay: As cheap as possible. I think I can get one for about $85 off ebay, so less than that... Extra Info: condition not too important as long as it's not broken and the pedal thread is ok
  3. mike14

VIC Fox 36 Performance

Item: 2021 Performance Series 36 FLOAT 29 170 Grip Location: Melbourne (Parkville) but happy to ship at buyer expense Item Condition: Very good. Tiny stanchion scratch as per 2nd photo Reason for selling: downsizing :( Price and price conditions: $550 Extra Info: includes crown race. Steerer is...
  4. mike14

VIC GX Eagle parts (Cassette, derailleur, chain, shifter)

Item: GX 12 speed cassette 10-50t Location: Melbourne (Parkville), happy to post at buyers expense Item Condition: Very, very good. Has done about 300km of mainly bike trail riding Reason for selling: everything else is Shimano now Price and price conditions: $120 Extra Info: nil Pictures: down...
  5. mike14

Gee Atherton being Gee Atherton

Absolutely nuts. Meanwhile, sometime I stop concentrating and ride off the trail at Lysterfield...
  6. mike14

IXS knee pads

Anybody rocking the ixs Flow knee pads and have any thoughts on them regarding comfort, durability and sizing? I'm currently some 7IDP Sam Hill pads which have honestly been a bit of a let down and so am looking for something new. I crash spectacularly, but genrally don't ride anything to...
  7. mike14

VIC Rocky Mountain Altitude - Large

Item: 2021 RM Altitude size large. This was first year of the current model. Ride 9 plus adjustable chainstay length. Purchased new from BikeNow Sth Melb in Dec 2020 Location: Melbourne (Parkville) Item Condition: Very, very good. See pics and 'extra info' for more detail, the rubber protector...
  8. mike14

AM Banshee Prime

Bike is built and ready for some suspension tinkering on the trails from tomorrow. Very interested to see how this thing rides. Was a bit of an impulse purchase based on Banshee offering 25% off, and me feeling that my RM Altitude was just too much bike for what I realistically ride 90% of the...
  9. mike14

Indigo Epic Trail

Just had this pop up on my book face profile. https://www.ridehighcountry.com.au/mountain-biking/indigo-epic-trail/ New trail between Beechworth and Yack. Bit of a hike from my place, but could make for a fun weekend. Anyone know much about the trail?
  10. mike14

A question for the Prime crew

I know there's a few Prime owners on here (not sure whether the V3.2 or not) and it's difficult to find reviews elsewhere, so; how does the Prime go at climbing? I understand it won't be rocket ship up the climbs like a carbon-XC bike, but is it pretty efficient and gets you up in good time...
  11. mike14

Headset replacememt

We inherited a 2011-ish Trek Cobia which eldest uses to muck around on. He's been complaining about the steering so pulled the fork off to have a look. When we did, ball bearings and plastic discs/washers went everywhere. 1. WTF kind of headset is the one in the picture? And can I just replace...
  12. mike14

50mm stem (35mm)

Item: 50mm stem that'll hold 35mm bars Location: Ideally Melbourne but happy to pay postage Price range/Willing to Pay: less than retail? Extra Info: Paradox feels a touch short so looking for a longer stem to see if it changes anything
  13. mike14

AM The rules says no more bikes, but n+1 is a rule... It's a Paradox!

I think this place went more than 15 mins without a Banshee PYR so I'm here to rectify things! Frame - V3 Paradox - Black Rear shock - you what? Front shock/fork - DVO Sapphire D1 140mm in glorious green Handlebars - RM alloy ones off my Altitude - currently as 800mm and need to be...
  14. mike14

2026 Commonwealth Games

It's been announced that Victoria is interested in hosting the 2026 Commonwealth Games. Apparently there's been little interested globally due to costs, and the intent here is to re-use infrastructure built for the 2006 Games as well as push events out into regional areas rather than have them...
  15. mike14

Crash cramp

Not sure if this needs it's own thread, but: Every time I have an off (which happens more than it should), I get a cramp in my right calf instantly, which basically can't be stretched out, and often means the rest of my riding day is shot. I don't think it's hydration based as I'm pretty good...
  16. mike14

Sold SOLD - ABD Flow2 4X/DJ (2012?)

Item: ABD Flow 2 DJ 26in wheels, I'd say it's a Large. Black Location: Melbourne, Vic Item Condition: Really good. Can't see any real scratches. Shifts well. Breaks work. Fork squishes when you press it down. Even still has the dork-disc on it :D . Will sell with a 2nd set of tires (used but...
  17. mike14

2021 Rocky Mountain Altitude

Frame - Altitude Alloy Size L, 160mm travel Rear shock - Fox DPX2 Performance 230x60mm Front shock/fork - Fox 36 Float EVOL Grip Performance 170mm, 44mm offset Handlebars - Spank Spike 35mm, cut to 780mm Stem - Rocky Mountain 35mm Headset - FSA Orbit Grips - Ergon GE10 Saddle...
  18. mike14

Sold WTB Volt Race Saddle

Item: WTB Volt Race Saddle 142mm, chromoly rails Location: Melbourne. Happy to post Item Condition: Really good. Off a 5 month old RM Altitude. Swapped it out after around 100km. Some dirt scuffs on the fabric parts as per photos Reason for selling: WTB and my taint really don't get along so I...
  19. mike14

Sold RE-LIST 2019 YT Capra AL Large

Relist as buyer on facebook pulled out at the last minute... Item: 2019 Capra AL Large Location: Parkville (near Melb Zoo) - can potentially also do a weekend meetup at Youies Item Condition: Used but really good (see photo for one scrape on chainstay) Reason for selling: Going with something...
  20. mike14

Sold 2019 YT Capra (AL Comp) Large

Item: 2019 Capra AL Large Location: Parkville (near Melb Zoo) - can potentially also do a weekend meetup at Youies Item Condition: Used but really good (see photo for one scrape on chainstay) Reason for selling: Going with something else Price and price conditions: $3750 on here. Selling without...