Search results

1. F

upgrading forks, help needed

I’m in a similar position, I have a Yari 160mm 29er fork. I want to upgrade the damper to a charger 2.1, but I’m unsure if I should go the RCT3 or the HSC-LSC. What’s the pros and cons of each one. The other issue is finding them. Everywhere seems to be out of stock.
  2. F

Skipping gear under load

Problem solved. The hanger was bent outward a little bit.
  3. F

Fitting a dropper

did you take the bb out? Or did you manage to get the cable around the bb?
  4. F

Fitting a dropper

Hi all, I have a 2015 Giant Trance 2. I want to fit a dropper post. What’s the best way to run the cable? At the moment all my cables are run internally. I’d like to do the same for the dropper. Do I need to remove the BB to run the cable? or is there an easier way to run the cable?What tool...
  5. F

Skipping gear under load

Seems like it’s skipping trying to change gears. Cable seems good (only 6 months old). My bet is on hanger.
  6. F

Skipping gear under load

I always like to learn. If I have the tool and know how to use it, then I save myself money in the future.
  7. F

Skipping gear under load

Thanks for the idea. How do you tell? It doesn’t have any directional markings on it. The chain is a KMC 10S
  8. F

Skipping gear under load

Thanks guys. I might try and borrow/buy a derailleur allignment tool before I go and replace the cassette and chain. The derailleur doesn’t look right, but my eye sight isn’t exactly great. I think this is more likely as the bike has only developed the issue recently and hasn’t been ridden...
  9. F

Skipping gear under load

Hi all, I can’t get the shifting right on my 2015 Giant trance. The gears move up and down the cassette perfectly. However when riding in the 2nd and third smallest cogs the chain slips/skips meaning you can’t get the power down. The b tension was way out, but even with that adjusted to give...
  10. F

Snapped Crank

Cranks have been replaced with a set of XT. This bike only gets ridden by mates, so I can’t take credit for it.
  11. F

Snapped Crank

It seems there is a pin?? in the back of the crank right where they cracked. Seems like a design fault. I have sourced some second hand xt cranks and sold the non drive side crank. Hopefully the cranks arrive tomorrow and I’ll have the bike back in action before the weekend.
  12. F

Snapped Crank

Drive side. 175
  13. F

Snapped Crank

I’m in wollongong.
  14. F

Snapped Crank

I’d be open to 1x10, but as it’s a bike I only have for mates it really doesn’t phase me. I’d prefer the cheapest option. If I go 1x I’d probably need to change the cassette.
  15. F

Snapped Crank

Hi all, I have a spare bike that I have for mates to ride. This arvo we set out but didn’t even make it to the trails before the drive side crank snapped. Now I need to fix it. being a bike that I have just for mates to ride, means I don’t want to spend much, but maybe it’s time I upgrade...
  16. F

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I’m interested in buying a vertical mount rack mostly to do shuttles. However, on the odd occasion I’d like to be able to put road bikes on it. Does anyone know if any odd these racks are suitable?