Search results

1. B

TAS 170mm Reverb dropper (31.6mm)

Item: 170mm Reverb dropper post, with Wolftooth Sustain conversion kit (so post is cable actuated) Location: Hobart, prefer local pickup but will ship at your cost Item Condition: Used but good (read description) Reason for selling: Surplus to requirements Price and price conditions: $75 Extra...
  2. B

Experience with bike wash/degreaser and frame bearing life

I'm interested in hearing any others experience with bike-specific bike wash or degreasers and a reduction in frame bearing life? In the past I've used MucOff bike wash and myself and some riding mates felt like it was leading to some fairly short bearing life, so we ditched it. This is the...
  3. B

TAS Fox Factory DPX2 (200x51mm) shock

Item: 2019 Fox Factory DPX2 200x51mm Location: Hobart, will post at your cost Item Condition: Excellent, few marks on the decals but shaft is mint and working perfectly when removed Reason for selling: Frame this was on was warrantied, new frame needed different size shock Price and price...
  4. B

TAS Aggressive steel hardtail frame (L or XL)

Item: Looking for an aggressive steel hardtail (such as a Norco Torrent) Location: Hobart but open to shipping from interstate Item condition: Doesn’t need to be perfect by any stretc.h Price: You tell me, less than retail Extra Info: In terms of sizing, I’m just over 6’1 (187cm), so generally...
  5. B

Shipping costs and method for frame

Hi all, Anyone had recent experience shipping a frame only interstate and can share approx cost? Also what (aside I from the local collection aspect) is the advantage of a courier vs Auspost, as I understand the latter is cheaper? I assume it would be slower with AusPost, any other down side?
  6. B

TAS Found Shimano 4-pot brake set

Item full name and model etc.: Chasing a good (or new) condition Shimano 4-pot brake set. Would prefer XT but consider SLX or XTR. Location: Hobart but will consider post Price Range: You tell me. Currently out of stock around the traps but I'm not in a huge rush so I'm not going to pay new...
  7. B

WTB - OneUp v2.1 dropper actuator

Item full name and model etc. OneUp dropper post v2.1 actuator (just the actuator, not the whole dropper) Location I'm in Hobart (7018) Item condition description Anything as long as it works! Price and price conditions You tell me - out of stock at MTBDirect...
  8. B

Industry Nine Enduro S Carbon experience (and alloy nipple question)

Hey all, I'm looking at a set of carbon hoops and the i9 Enduro S carbons just popped up on my radar. Specs seem good, J-bend spokes, lifetime warranty etc without moving into the lofty price heights of Enve, Reserve... But I there's not a lot out in terms of reviews. There's a few reviews of...
  9. B

ACL repair and return to riding

So I’m lying here in the hospital about 12hrs post repair of my right ACL, thinking about the long rehab road ahead of me and thought I’d see if there are other ‘burners out there who’ve gone through this and want to share their experience? The doc has already said back on a indoor trainer in...
  10. B

TAS Straight steerer 29er fork, 15mm TA, non-boost

Item full name and model etc.: Straight steerer 29er fork, 15mm thru-axle, non-boost. Not fussed on brand, prefer alloy/steel if rigid Location: Hobart, would prefer something local but I'm being realistic.... Item condition description: It's to go on a cheapie frame I'm building up for riding...
  11. B

29er wheelset upgrade advice

OK brains trust I'm after some advice on a wheelset upgrade. Currently running the Raceface AR27 + Novatec hub wheelset that came stock on my Hightower. The wheels have been generally OK though a bit heavy, the freehub seal design is shit so it chews bearings in the wet and I've and had a few...
  12. B

OneUp v2 dropper small parts

I've managed to bend one of the 3 brass locating pins on your OneUp v2 dropper post (yes, I'll be off to the F**kwits thread shortly though my post will be short as I have not idea how I did it!) so I'm trying to chase up a source for one of the v2 rebuild kits or even the oversized pin kits ,as...
  13. B

Sold NIB XT M785 front brake

Item: XT M785 I-Spec B front brakeset, black Location: Hobart Item Condition: Brand spanking new in box Reason for selling: Moving house soon, too much stuff! Price and price conditions: $40 Extra Info: 1000mm hose, no pads or retaining pin (pilfered them a while back). It’s several years old...
  14. B

Sold Wheels Manufacturing PF30 bottom bracket

Item: Wheels Manufacturing PF30 thread-togetherbottom bracket PF30-THD-BB Location: Hobart Item Condition: Like new apart from a couple of marks on spline from fitting. Reason for selling: Didn’t work for my frame Price and price conditions: $60. Extra Info: Bought to try and resolve a creaky...
  15. B

Car hire advice for NZ trip

Hi RB brains trust. Looking for some advice on car hire for an upcoming boys trip to NZ. Four of us flying into Nelson for 12 days around the South Island, all with our own bikes and trying to figure out best transport option as we will move around a fair bit. Originally thought a dual cab...
  16. B

SRAM 11sp derailleur

Item: SRAM 11sp rear derailleur Location: Hobart Item Condition: Must be in perfect working condition, not fussed about scratches etc tho Price range/Willing to Pay: Happy to neg, but can get a brand new GX delivered for $160 so well under that... Extra Info: Happy with GX, but will consider...
  17. B

Cairns car hire with bike rack?

Hey guys, Looking for suggestions for car hire in Cairns that come equipped with a bike rack? I only know of Europcar that market this specifically but they don’t have any available in Cairns (at least not for next week when I’m there), hoping there might be some others but my Google fu is...
  18. B

Do you know Parklands (Sunshine Coast)? Recommendations please!

Hey burners, I'm up in Noosa on holidays and brought the bike up with me to check out the local trails. I've had a couple of rides at Wooroi which was good but last chance for dirt tomorrow so I'm planning to get to Parklands. I'll only have about 1.5-2hrs there so keen to make the best of it...
  19. B

TAS Delete please

Item: XD driver for Roval Control hub (uses DT Swiss star ratchet system) Location: Hobart Item condition description: As long as it works I don't mind Price and price conditions: You tell me Extra Info: My understanding (based on questionable google-fu) is that the required star-ratched XD...
  20. B

Any riders in/coming to TAS own an XL Santa Cruz Hightower?

So I'm on the hunt for a new ride and Santa Cruz Hightower is currently at the top of the list. LBS has a Large in stock, which from a roll around the block (not a demo bike so can't get out on the dirt for a proper ride) feels pretty good. But at a fraction under 6'2 I'm just into XL...