Search results

1. Majin

Giro Riddance Flats.

Gday Burners My old Karvers are looking pretty beat. Wondering if anyone has tried the new Giro Riddance lows? Cheers Brus Majin
  2. Majin

DT Swiss XRC 1200 V ENVE M60 HV

Gday Burners I've recently started looking for a lighter weight wheelset to serve as general use on my evil wreckoning, due to that ARCS 35s on i9 torchs, being a pain to get tires for and weigh a tonne :( I've narrowed my choices down to the DT XRC 1200 30 ID version and the M60 HVS on DT...
  3. Majin

Tires for a 35mm ID rim

Gday Burners The time has come for me to replace one of my tires. ( or maybe both) Besides minions, ( as I cant get a DHF WT easily ATM) is there anything else that blows up on the 35mm rims? I've been thinking Continental Der Barons, as something new to try. It'll be going on as a front tire...
  4. Majin

KS Lev Integra Issues

Gday Burners I've recently been having some issues with my Lev. Pulled it out today to find the cable actuator at the bottom of the post has bent and no longer hold the cable boss( i think its a boss?) The boss keeps jumping out of its holder. Has anyone else had this problem? Cheers
  5. Majin

Specialized Stumpjumper opinions

Hey, Burners. So my old man is looking at getting the new Stumpjumper expert(29). Has anyone had any issues with them?. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated :) Cheers Majin
  6. Majin

TRP Quadiem brake experiences.

Hey burners, I've blown my front Guide RSC up again, and I'm sick of it. Have any of you used the TRPs? If so howd u find them? ( G-spec or normal) Any other brake suggestions are welcome :) Cheers! Majin!
  7. Majin

Evil Wreckoning Review

Hey, burners. This has been a long time coming as I keep injuring myself :/ So I've now put some decent time on the Wreckoning to give a quick review. To say the bike is ridiculously good. I was expecting it to be a steam train everywhere, which it is. But it is surprisingly nimble. Climbing...
  8. Majin

Steel Braided lines for Guide RSCs.

Hey Burners, I've been thinking of getting some Steel lines as I've been finding that I would like more power and its starting to heat up now so id like some redundancy in case of an "Emergency brake situation". Does any one have any experiences with any? If so what ones?(Any brakes, doesn't...
  9. Majin

Maxxis Minion Wide Trail Tires

Hi Burners Do any of you know if there is a Minion DHF in a Widetrail variant for a 29? One site says there is, then another that there isnt I havent been able to find any, only the DHR 2. Thanks :)
  10. Majin

Re-valving RS Monarch Plus RC3

Hey Burners, So im tossing up either Revalving by Stock RS Monarch + on my wrecker, or just waiting and then splurging on a Push 11.6 Does anyone have any experience with revalving there Monarch Plus'. If so did u notice any improvement. Im finding mine is great until it gets fast then it...
  11. Majin

2017 Evil Wreckoning

Hey Burners The Wrecker finally built, and its a masterpiece! :) I'll be doing a ride review on it and the Forks soon ( once I get a few more hours on it :) ) Frame - 2017 Evil Wreckoning Gunmetal Large Rear shock - Rockshox Monarch + Debonair RCT3 Front shock/fork - 2017 DVO Diamond...
  12. Majin

ACT Sold

Item: 2013 Bilt Eight M/L Location: Canberra Item Condition: Used, But in great condition Reason for selling: Doesn't get ridden and is taking up room in my shed Price and price conditions: $1800 Negotiable Extra Info: Fox Factory 40 RC2, Cane Creek Double Barrel,SRAM X0 Trail Brakes(203mm...
  13. Majin

DVO Diamond Vs Fox 36

Hi RBers Im in the process of building up a bike ( Wreckoning) but i have a pair of DVOs on order, but I still have abit of time to change it Ive been reading about a couple of reliability issues with the DVOS along with some HSC harshness problems. Has anyone heard anything or have any...
  14. Majin

Gunmetal Evil Wreckoning Build Thread

So I've Eventually decided to go through with building an Evil Wreckoning. As I was after a long travel 29er as more of a "Quiver Killer" rather than a XC or DH beast. Everything has been ordered and the Frame fork and Seatpost have been Preordered through Stu @ Defcon Cycles ( Aussie...
  15. Majin

High Engagement Hubs

Hi Rb fellas So I'm in need of a wheelset for my upcoming 29er build I have a rough idea of what rim ( either a XM481 or an ARC 35) but i have no idea on what hubs. I'm currently stuck between these three: I9 Torch Project 321 ( i can get these in AUS) ( pretty much an i9 anyways) Hadley I...
  16. Majin

Which Bike should i buy?

Hey Guys, I've been looking at getting a new AM bike for a while but I'm a little stuck I've been looking at a few but cant decide what is better for Canberra Terrain ( Mainly Stromlo) My Budget is up to $7000 but im willing to go higher if need be The Shortlist is: ( in order of my faves so...
  17. Majin

G'Day from Canberra

Hey All, I came across this forum researching for a new trail bike. I used to ride downhill when I was younger and have been getting back into the trail riding/enduro aspect of things. I currently ride a 2012 Trek Remedy 9, and still own a Bilt Eight DH bike ( hasn't been ridden in ages...