Search results

1. hdtvkss

Alpine Head unit from Commy to Hilux

Gday, i have an Alpine head unit that was in my commodore and i now want to put it in my hilux. the commodore has 4 speakers, the hilux only 2. is this a problem? im very wary of running a head unit without load on 2 outputs for the amp as im pretty sure that would not be good for it at...
  2. hdtvkss

Avanti K.I.S.S single speed

Gday, has anyone had any experience with the Avanti K.i.s.s. single speed bikes? http://www.avantibikes.com/single-speed/kiss-29.aspx?bid=120 . Im mainly interested in the 26 inch version. 29ers are an outside possibility but probably end up on the expensive side one you add a suspension fork...
  3. hdtvkss

Internal vs External Floodgate

Gday, looking at upgrading to a pair of Rebas at the moment. One thing i dont understand is what an "external floodgate" is as seen on the reba race vs what im guessing is an internal floodgate on the SL? can anyone elaborate?
  4. hdtvkss

to singlespeed or to upgrade?

Gday, firstly im posting this here cuase its XC oriented, if it needs to be in parts etc then i understand. My problem is as such. i suffered an injury about 6 months ago that led me to selling my Cannondale Rush as it looked like i wasnt going to be able to ride again. Fortunately (...
  5. hdtvkss

trainer pain...

gday, ok ive jsut about had it.... to put it bluntly when riding on the trainer i get really sore nads. this normally lasts for at least a dat or 2 after training. its hell. ive tried seat up, back, nose up , nose down and 3 diff saddles. all the same issue. can anyone give any advice on a...
  6. hdtvkss

EVEN MORE short track in Sydney.

Just to let you know that TORC will be running dirt cirts out at St Ives on a Wednesday night at St Ives Showgound. The first race will be on 13th Dec. This will be part of a 7 round series complete with point score, sprint prime's and cash prizes. see you all out there!
  7. hdtvkss

XC SS conversion questions...

gday, i have a question for those with SS knowledge... am wanting to convert the old mtb to SS (for XC)and im wondering what do i do RE cranks in order to get a correct chain line? im guessing i need to get a pair of SS specific cranks? anyone recommend anything? also with wheels. can...
  8. hdtvkss

cant be assed finding a new bike?

this person could! http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280008083270&ru=http://search.ebay.com.au:80/280008083270_W0QQcatrefZC5QQfclZ3QQfromZR7QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQnojsprZyQQpfidZ0QQsacatZQ2d1QQsofocusZbsQQfviZ1#ebayphotohosting
  9. hdtvkss

WSMTB XC round - 4/6/06

Gday, just checking that the WSMTB XC round is still on this weekend? whos going assuming that its on? any word on the course thats being run?
  10. hdtvkss

WSMTB XC Round 3 - 30 April

so whos going? have WSMTB decided what the course layout will be?
  11. hdtvkss

Riser bar positioning

Gday, probably a realllyyy dumb newbie question but here goes: i flipped the stem on my bike last night and as i was putting the handlebars back on it occured to me i was not 100% sure what alignment the handle bars should be. flat bars which ive used inthe past are pretty straight...
  12. hdtvkss

WWS Rnd 2 @ Penrose

So, this is comming up in a couple of weeks. Penrose will be my forst 8 hour and WWS event. This itme around im competing in a 2 person team, i may have a crack at one solo later in the year so who else is going? what group are you competing in?
  13. hdtvkss

Teocali Super + Norco Storm - Marayong

My mate just had his house broken into this morning. they took a white 05 Teocali Super and an 04 Norco Storm from within the house. he would v much like these bikes back! if anyone sees one of these pop up at crime converters in the surrounding areas (i guess blacktown through to penrith)...
  14. hdtvkss

NSW state XC series calendar

Does anyone know if / where a calendar for the NSW has been published.MTBA site seems to show nothing but national series. can anyone help? :o
  15. hdtvkss

WSMTB XC timetable - when?

does anyone know when the 06 WSMTB timetable is going to be availiable? most other clubs seem to have thiers out by now. Would be handy to have so i can start planning out my season :cool:
  16. hdtvkss

sore " boys " after road rides

Gday, ok ive just about had it with my road bike. after every ride at the moment, it seems like my boys ( nads , balls, happy sack, testies whatever you would like to call them) just ache for like a day after. im not doing long rides at the moment, mostly topping out at about 2 hour training...
  17. hdtvkss

Chris Spooncer

gday, im trying to track down a guy called Chris Spooncer. he used to be a XC racer in the richmond / hawkesbury NSW area (probably raced for WSMTB) around 97 - 99. he was sponsored but im not sure by who, but had a blue steel hardtail at one stage. more recently he coached / personal trained...
  18. hdtvkss

where are you riding?

hay there, bored shitless at work and started pondering where i was going to be riding this weekend, also have a new bike to break in which should be fuun. only problem is i cant think of anywhere that jump sout at me to go :( so wheres everyone else riding this weekend?
  19. hdtvkss

Single Speed Conversion

Gday, ok seeing as the new cannondale arrives tomorrow im thinking its time i started the long awaited conversion to SS on my kona hard tail. before doing this though, i have a couple of things id like to know given that the bike doesnt have horisontal drop outs, ill need to puchase...
  20. hdtvkss

Risers VS Flat bars and stem length

I currently am running flat bars on my XC bike, with a 100 mil 90 degree stem. id like to change up to some small rise bars int he near future. what changes ( if any) need to be done to the stem in order to keep the bike set up correctly? i know thats vague, but was hoping osmone may be albe...