Search results

1. A

Importing a USED eMTB from the US

Hey burners. I'm exploring my options for bringing a used eMTB in from the US. Yes, there's going to be some pretty high cost penalties in doing that, but it's not a bike I can find here in Australia in the exact version, size, condition. So it's really just a bit of an expensive treat to...
  2. A

Where's Creaky?

So I have a phantom creek that is making my bike not enjoyable. Details: 2017 Ripley LS Oval chain ring SRAM XX1 derailleur (assume same age as bike) Creak coming from the rear of the bike and roughly in time cadence (i.e. not what gear, not wheel/speed, not suspension movement) So far, to no...
  3. A

WTB: Hub & Rims

Looking for a few particular parts to help finish a rebuild of my 1998 Specialized FSR Pro. Hoping someone has a hidden stash! Location: I'm in Melb Price range/Willing to Pay: Open Item 1: Formula 36h 135mm oldschool QR rear hub Extra Info: The front hub is already a Formula Edco 36h alloy...
  4. A

Fox Fork Fluid

Hi gang, About to service a circa 2004 fox 100 RLT fork. Specs say to use 10W red oil. I have loads 10W (edit 20W) gold for my newer forks. Can I substitute and if so how?
  5. A

Mt Zoon Carbon Bars Snapped - Replacements?

Hi all. Playing with the kids at home today, pulled up on the bars to accelerate towards a jump and the bar snapped on the inside of the brake mount. Came pretty undone, face plant, only bruised, but thankfully didn't happen on the jump or at landing speed! Bars are Mt Zoom Ultralight...
  6. A

Chainreaction Experience

Hi all, A question formed as a longish story... ... I was about to pull the trigger on Vitus 20+ for my 5yo from CRC. First time CRC user, had added to my cart, was priced at AU$570 + AU$60 shipping - AU$20 voucher for first time buyer. Worked to around $610 landed, making it the best bang...
  7. A

FOUND - Sram 9 Speed Trigger Shifter

Item: Sram 9 Speed Trigger Shifter Location: Anywhere as likely get you to post unless nearby (3093) Item Condition: new or excellent used Reason for selling: Taking an older Sram X.0 3x9 grip shift to 1x9 trigger (only keeping rear derailleur) Price and price conditions: Whatever you reckon...
  8. A

Hayes HFX-9 worth rebuilding?

Hi gang. I'm rebuilding a 2002 Yeti ARC for my wife, that I recently bought. Although it was complete, I'm replacing plenty of parts. The Hayes HFX-9s work, but the rear looks a bit of a mess (oil on calliper and pads). I'm not fixed on staying retro/period, rather just want to get it up and...
  9. A

WTB: Mid 2000's Dualy Frame - Something interesting

Item: Looking for something interesting in a mid 2000's dually frame in L/LX Location: Melb, but happy to post for the right frame Price range/Willing to Pay: sub $500 Extra Info: I have a 2004 Avant Pro hardtail with top spec gear (of the year) off a 2007 Felt Virtue 1. Although I am now on...
  10. A

Clip-ins to Flats to improve skills?

Hi all, Born again newby advise needed. I have only ever ridden hard tails, XC/trail and with clip-ing (SPD, eggbeater, etc). I'm now on a Ripley, loving the squooshiness and keen to try and learn more/improve my trail skills. By that I mean leaning to manual, wheelie, drop, jumps, ect...
  11. A

Suspension Setup Sag/Travel

Hi gang, Working on dialing my my new (used) 2017 Ibis Ripley LS. Its running a Fox Factory 34 130mm and Float DPS Factory, both with upgraded internals and EVOL on the shock. To summarise the issue up front, when I get at/near the correct sag, no matter how hard I crank on it, I'm getting...
  12. A

Trail Bike Recs for a Born-again Newby

Hi all. After a few false starts to get back into MTB in recent years, the time is niegh, as the kids are getting faster and I need to keep up! However, as a born-again newby, I'm a bit stumped by the plethora of options and not fully up with the latest parts combos. I'm over a decade since...
  13. A

Long Time Return... Medium Travel HT

HI gang. I'm close on a decade since any serious riding was done and was doing the most in the mid-90's (Started riding in 1998 on a Schwinn). My still 'current' ride is an 04 Avanti Aggressor Pro HT with a 08 Fox 32 100mm and 07 XTR/Crossmax/etc (all off an 07 Felt Virtue 1). I've been...
  14. A

Mid-late 2000's XC and DH bike/frame Project

Item: Mid to late 2000's XC and DH bike/frame (large) Location: Melbourne, but willing to cover postage for the right bike/frame Price range/Willing to Pay: Minimal, hence 'project' bikes, <$1K Extra Info: See below... ...I'm after 2x project/restoration bikes, one being DH and one XC. Both...
  15. A

Canti Cable Hanger for 26.6mm Seat Post

Hey gang, Wondering if anyone knows where I can source a Cantilever cable hanger to fix to a 26.6mm seat post? Seems most online are for the more standard sizes (1", 1.1/8", etc). Cheers, AJ
  16. A

Shifter Cables

Hi gang, Looking to replace my shifter cables. Running full 07 XTR drivechain. Want basicaly the best I can get in terms of performance/function versus weight. So far looking at either XTR or Avid Full Metal Jacket. Any thought or suggestions? AJ
  17. A

Raleigh Viper - circa ealy 80's?

Hi gang, I will start by saying I know zippo about BMX. However, I came across this old and beaten up BMX some time back in the hard rubish collection. Must have looked pretty schmick in its day (which is why it caught my eye), but needs a restor and loads of replacement parts. I...
  18. A

Any rides around Seymor (Vic)?

Hey gang, Heading up to Seymour all of next week for work and was wondering if anyone knew of any decent rides in the area? Cheers, AJ
  19. A

1999-2002 Specialzed FSR Stumpy

Sorry. Posted in error. Please delete.
  20. A

Any old Proflex/K2 Frames or bikes (especially 95… and 85… series)

What: Looking for old Proflex/K2 frames or bikes Also any parts from: Girvin Noleen Proflex K2 Quasar Complete, frames, parts… whatever… Price range/Willing to Pay: Open to all reasonable offers Location: Melbourne, but happy to pay shipping costs Extra Info: My...