Search results

1. majura

what xc bike to buy?

I'd say that the Giant would be better in the long run. The component spec really can't be beat and in terms of frame strength Giant manufacture the majority of frames going round in the world today... they have some of the most advanced manufacturing technology too. The 2006 XTC's have been...
  2. majura

Which XC brakes.

How long is a "while"? Maybe you've got a defective rear caliper... so it might be worth trying to get it fixed/replaced under warranty. That and Avid will probably do something (like a swap) for a small fee. Otherwise another vote for replacing the pads. Good luck with it all.
  3. majura

Aggressive HT XC set-up??

Just a suggestion I thought I'd throw into the mix: Norco Charger's... they're an "XC All Mountain Hardtail" Specifically set up for 120mm-130mm forks and harder riding. I used to own one (till some scum stole it!) and it was all those things you listed- light enough to climb, but not so light...
  4. majura

XC Forks

Rock Shox new 06 line is worth a look- the Tora will retail around $600, can be set at 100mm-130mm (either by U-turin{coil} or spacers {air spring}). They're a whole world stiffer than SID's with 32mm stanchions- more for real trail conditions (great for majura pines). I think that one of the...
  5. majura

Why don't bike companys make MTB movies?

There are some low-budget films that you can stream from Norco featuring their sponsord riders (I think there's about 6 episodes: trials, FR, DH).
  6. majura

No NRS? What's in store.

I was wondering if anyone heard hanything about the Reign range for 06? Out of the growing All Mountain genre, the Reign 2 is sitting on the top of my list. I did a search and found some stuff off Phantomcycles.com.au (go to their Dual Suspension link and they're all on the 2nd page. By the...
  7. majura

Mongoose Teocali?

I was reading a review (well short one) in AMB and have checked out a few more sources (i've been looking for XC/enduro FS bikes)... basically it's an "all-mountain/XC/enduro" type of bike, which can handle light freeride. The positive thing that came out of it was that the suspension was that...
  8. majura

articles on "mountainbikes impact on environment"

If you hit up State Forests, National Parks... there should be plenty of stuff on MTB use. Normally they'll be burried in plans (see the Kosciuszko Draft Managment Plan of this year). Also ACT Pine forests will have some info too. You may however have to contact them by phone rather than just...
  9. majura

enduro bikes

If you're sticking strictly to XC maybe a Kona Kikapu/Kikapu Deluxe (if you can throw in a couple hundred more). If you're wanting some more comfort/trail friendlybike a Kona Dawg/ Dawg Matic. Or maybe a Giant Trance 1 or 2. A little more expensive, but a friend of mine just bought one and...