Search results

1. Tofsy

2009 Yeti DJ

My new Yeti Dj frame just arrived this week. Looking forward to taking for a proper ride :) Specs: Frame: 2009 Yeti DJ Forks: Fox Talas RL Brakes: Shimano XT Cranks: Shimano Hone Chainguide: E-13 LG1 R/D: Sram X-0 Shifter: Sram X-9 Rims: MTX Hubs: Da Bomb Headspin Tyres: WTB Nano...
  2. Tofsy

Trees down at You Yangs

Hey Everyone, Went riding today at the Youies, there are a fair few trees down - mainly Trav's Diamond track but I'm sure there are some on Bandages or Glory and GMBC Decent by now. We cleared as many as we could but some were pretty big. If you are riding there - or anywhere around...
  3. Tofsy

Total Lunar Eclipse!! Eastern Australia 28th August (tomorrow night)

We are to be graced with a total lunar eclipse that will be visible in its entirety for all of Eastern Australia and New Zealand on August 28 2007 (tomorrow night). The eclipse can be seen with the naked eye, but binoculars or a telescope would be better. The last total lunar eclipse was in...
  4. Tofsy

Schladming WC SBS 1pm Today

Title says it all! Im looking forward to it Pete
  5. Tofsy

Youies ridable??

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I was thinking of heading out to the You Yangs this weekend and was wondering what condition the tracks are in. Are they ridable? or too wet? what do you think? Thanks heaps Pete
  6. Tofsy

4X DH DJ Weapon = '06 Specialized SX

I just paid off my new Specialized SX today and built it up this arvo!! I haven't had time to take it out for a proper ride yet - but just rippin' around the streets I can tell it will be a mad bike!! I will be using it for a bit of everything 4X, DH, DJ ect. Im heading up to Apollo Bay next...
  7. Tofsy

Youies State Race 3rd December!

Hey Guys and Gals, I Have about 160 pics to hand out. Email me on: peter.arch@wesleycollege.net and i will send them back OR add me to your msn on: peter_arch8@hotmail.com I hope I have a pic of everyone! Pete P.S - The pics posted are at 50% of original - can send full size if wanted
  8. Tofsy

Banshee Scirocco

Hey Everyone, Im thinking of getting an 07 STP 0 and then a Banshee Scirocco frame. How well would this bike go DH, DJ, some 4X and some commuting (not worried about that)? Will the stp 0 spec go well on the Banshee? any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks - Pete
  9. Tofsy

First Race

Hey, I am going to enter my first DH race in December (2nd Vic race @ Youies) Could anyone give me any tips on what do do/bring or any other helpful tips on how to get through the weekend smoothly. Greatly appreciated! Pete
  10. Tofsy

YOU YANGS Race 22nd October '06

I have heaps of pics from todays race: Email your number (and what coloured plate), bike and what you were wearing to: peter.arch@wesleycollege.net I will post up a list of all the photos i have as soon as possible! Hope you like them! - Pete
  11. Tofsy

City Sesh (56k Beware)

Some pics of us riding today out side Imax and Melbourne Museum. Good fun riding. We saw a cool older guy (looked around 60 years old) riding around on a unicycle. Thought that was awesome. and some people playing street hockey on unicycles (no pics of that unfortunatly). We also had a few...
  12. Tofsy

DH rig - well sorta

Here's my 2005 Avanti Lightning DH bike - i wasnt planning on doing dh but thats whats happened. It holds up - for now! Frame: Avanti Lightning 7005 alloy Fork: Manitou Axel Comp 100mm Travel Brakes: Hayes 9's with shimano rotors Shifters: Deore 27spd Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore Rear...
  13. Tofsy

You Yangs DH trail access

Last weekend I went up to the You Yangs Dh track for the first time and had a fantastic time! My only problem was the only way to the top that i could find was to push up the track which i was no to happy with doing (might have got in peoples way, might have done damage to he track, and its hard...
  14. Tofsy

9/16 axle pedals

Hey, I was wondering if a 9/16 axle pedal is standard and will fit all cranks. if not will it fit the cranks that come stock on the avanti lightning (shimano FC-M440)? thanks, Peter
  15. Tofsy

xc/light DH tracks around Apollo Bay

Hey, I'm going up to Apollo Bay early next year with a mate of mine and i am taking my Avanti lightning. i was wondering if anyone knew of any xc/light dh tracks in that area, or where i could find some. Thanks, Peter
  16. Tofsy

Whats best for beginner DH

I'm looking at getting a new bike for DH and will probabily buy second hand. I don't have much money and probabily wont be buying very soon at all. The bikes ive been looking at are the 06 Giant DH Comp, the 06 Iron Horse Yakuza Kumicho and the 06 Specialized Bighit III. What do you think of...
  17. Tofsy

DH trails near melbourne

hey, does anyone know where some dh trails are near melbourne. Im just a beginner so something that i will be able to do. thanks
  18. Tofsy

Avanti Lightning any good for DH

hey guys, i have just bought an avanti lightning at a bargain price ($1299 reduced to $799). i know it is not a DH bike but would it do it. i would have to upgrade my forks from manitou axel comps to ...? It has shimano xt rd and lx fd and shimano mech disc brakes 6" rotors. would the frame...
  19. Tofsy

New to DH, help needed!!!

Hey, I’m 14 and very new to DH and haven’t done much riding at all. This is mainly because of my bike! I am looking for a new one and only have about $1000 to spend so I was thinking on starting off on a hardtail, any ideas on what to get and what to do to it for it to become DH worthy. Also...