Search results

1. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

They are big expensive tyres. Definitely a bit of what oldcorrollas said too, what will the market bear, let's charge somewhere around that. Everyone is freaking out about it, but in the real world it appears not as big a problem as people think. It's only an issue on tight roundabouts...
  2. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-maintenance-repair-costs-lowest/
  3. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

My brother got the new Model 3 dual motor, handling, interior and cabin noise reduction are what he reckons are the stand out changes, more refined were his words. He said no worries adapting to no indicator stalk, just like a motorbike.
  4. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

At the very least a battery should give a better center of gravity in trucks. Traction control and torque from 0 should make it super easy for EV 4wd's to tackle steep difficult climbs.
  5. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

Ranger danger is real.
  6. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

Don't be silly, they don't camp at all.
  7. Scotty T

QLD Shimano drive side crank arm (96mm PCD spider)

I have a whole crankset with this BB at home but it's 2 rings, from a Giant hybrid, will see if the PCD is the same tonight, it has the fairly crappy plastic pedals still attached.
  8. Scotty T

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

That hub looks neither carbon or ti, false advertising?
  9. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

My Golf was 17k and I bet it could do all the jobs you've done with the 7x4 trailer I have. In fact I can fit more stuff in it than you can in the ute tray. Kid of a mate rolled mate's Hilux last week. Apparently they are not great at reverse j-turns, and this kid is not great at physics. I'm...
  10. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

Glad mine is only 150/160! ;)
  11. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

If you are in the market for a new car it makes sense to at least look seriously at EV. If not and you own your car outright keep driving it until you need/want a new one and consider EV. We won't mention the big difference in lifecycle emissions, even not accounting for recycling. We can't...
  12. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

Quite possibly because the perception is the battery is stuffed. Tesla seems to be the exception on holding value because they did a better job with the battery tech in the first generation of the Model 3 and Supercharging infrastructure. I've looked, they aren't cheap second hand. I posted...
  13. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

@beeb some are 10k price difference from their petrol equivalent so over 5 years you get the 10k back. This will get much closer in coming years and on some comparisons is very close already. I think the Niro is closer to the Atto when comparing, and they are similar price to Atto for the...
  14. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

AMG G wagon is 2.5 tonnes and electronically limited to 220 but I'm sure it could do 260 if not limited, Audi RS Q8 is 2.3t and does 250, Dodge Durango Hellcat is 2.6t and does 289. This is not an EV thing.
  15. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

Yeah, I didn't get to do a fang on windy roads in this one but the couple of times I put some pedal down for corners it was nowhere near the floor. You can still feel the torque in chill mode, you'll generally blast most petrol things across the intersection at the lights in chill before their...
  16. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

We hired a Model 3 dual motor, 2019 Freemont built model with 93k km on it and did a Sydney return trip. Holy shit is it fast. I was mentioning the upgrade to go from 4.4 to 3.8 seconds or something that the dual motor has, but it's completely unesccesary for me, in fact the dual motor is...
  17. Scotty T

Blind rider saying hi

Oh just noticed it's 99, try this one although I think there's some of the same moderators of both: https://www.facebook.com/groups/338559083010736/?ref=share&mibextid=NSMWBT
  18. Scotty T

Blind rider saying hi

$200 is pretty low for a complete in such good nick but on the flipside not a really popular era or bike for collectors. If you are on Facebook the moderators of this group are pretty good with pricing help, join and PM them...
  19. Scotty T

Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Alan Kohler not mincing his words. https://www.thenewdaily.com.au/finance/2024/04/15/alan-kohler-climate-change-lie
  20. Scotty T

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Ooooooooft, Justice Lee laying down the law: "Having escaped the lion's den, #BruceLehrmann made the mistake of coming back for his hat"