Search results

1. dirtdad

NSW (Found) Hope pad retaining pins

Item: Hope pad retaining pins Location: Sydney Price range/Willing to Pay: $3ea? Plus letter/small packet to Sydney if posting Extra Info: Looking for 4 pins plus clips. M5x25mm or so. Apparently these come with new hope pads. I could buy new ones with a German order, or find some fancy Ti ones...
  2. dirtdad

where for art thou good tyres?

Anyone got leads and or recommendations on a new front tyre or f/r combo? Riding south Sydney rocky sandstone trails. Tech XC mostly, but prefer to hammer the downs and chill on the ups. (Edit: I say XC to give an idea of the trails. No super long alpine decents, or massive bermed huck fests...
  3. dirtdad

WTB: 45-50mm stem (35mm bar)

Item: 45-50mm stem with 35mm clamp Location: Sydney (assume postage even from next door - damn lockdown) Price range/Willing to Pay: Cheap? (Let's both be disappointed...) Extra Info: Just looking to try 10-15mm longer stem for better front weighting. Have 35mm bars (don't ask me why I did that).
  4. dirtdad

AM Vodka Prime and Soda

My name a Borat. I like you, I like sexy prime!! Frame - Banshee Prime v3 large Rear shock - Fox dpx2 (or XFusion H3C coil) Front shock/fork - Manitou mezzer pro (150mm) Handlebars - Spank oozy 35 Stem - Spank split 35mm Headset - Stock Grips - Renthal push on Saddle -...
  5. dirtdad

DT EXP hub issues

Just saw a release from DT Swiss about possible issues with their EXP hubs. Specifically premature wear of the ratchet system. https://www.dtswiss.com/en/ratchet-exp-maintenance-notice I've emailed them because it seems like my new set are from that batch.
  6. dirtdad

Stromlo over Easter

Never ridden Canberra, but down there for a few days at the start of the Easter school holidays. Was thinking about putting the older two squids into a School Holiday session with Dynamic Motivation @ Stromlo (https://dynamicmotivation.com.au/school-holiday-programs). Then I could maybe buy a...
  7. dirtdad

29er build kit - what's around?

Following on from the mid-travel 29er thread, now that i've got a frameset I need to find parts! Lots and lots of options - what to do!?!. This stuff is not 29er specific (obvs) but similar thread title for posterity. Already chosen wheels, fork, brakes. What stem and bars are people liking...
  8. dirtdad

mid travel 29er suggestions

Looking to purchase a new (or newish) mid travel 29er this year. Probably in a few months' time. Currently thinking of options along the lines of: Specialized Stumpy EVO Ripmo AF Banshee titan Commencal meta (am or tr?) YT Jeffsy Canyon Spectral Other thoughts: Privateer frames? Nukeproof...
  9. dirtdad

How to ks rage-i dropper service

KS didn't have a service video for the rage-i dropper i picked up last year (when it first came out). Hopefully this helps some other burner with this model post. Important: on this model the ks branded collar does not come off. I tried removing it with a strap wrench, then some vice grips...
  10. dirtdad

Intro

Hey all Finally decided to stop lurking and join up. Tried last year a couple of times, but new registration process kept failing. Seems the new site improvements might have helped so I'm finally in. Currently ride mostly around the southern Sydney area.