Search results

1. beeb

You laugh you lose

Not sure I'd want to go the speed of light on a bike with a QR rear axle that's hanging half out of the dropout...
  2. beeb

Burners' Backyards: Veggies, Gardening, Landscape & Design

French drain? (It think that's what they're called... Gravel over a perforated drain pipe)
  3. beeb

Trails around Wagga or Tumbarumba?

Riding won't be much good if it's full of water though? :(
  4. beeb

The cooking thread

Those knives are so underrated. Buy them for a pittance and they stay sharp for ages, and I love how springy and able to deflect the blades are too.
  5. beeb

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Yeah I realised that, but a lot of folk on here seem to dream of higher POE but be beholden to DT hubs and to scared/heavy to trust their 54t (?) ratchets.
  6. beeb

Electric Vehicles etc

FIFY
  7. beeb

VIC Marzocchi Z1 with Smashpot Coil, extra damper

Derp, 29". It's set at 170mm travel currently (maximum travel for the 29" Z1), comes with 4x10mm spacers so it can be dropped to 130mm (officially... ;)).
  8. beeb

VIC Marzocchi Z1 with Smashpot Coil, extra damper

Item: Marzocchi Z1 29" fork, 170mm travel, 15x110 / Boost, Grip damper Location: Shepparton, VIC (or I can freight) Item Condition: Excellent Reason for selling: Not riding MTB currently Price and price conditions: $500 Extra Info: Fitted with a Vorsprung Smashpot coil conversion (50lb spring)...
  9. beeb

VIC RockShox SuperDeluxe Coil Shock(s)

Bump and price drop.
  10. beeb

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

There's some good people in Melbourne, but they're really hard to meet because they live in hiding from all the idiots!
  11. beeb

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Maybe I missed it, but I thought there would have been a bit more excitement on here for this product release: New 90-Tooth DT Swiss Hub "240 Ratchet DEG" - VitalMTB
  12. beeb

ACT CORC 24 Hour

You're saying we should just send the trophy to @Ackland now to save time?
  13. beeb

Electric Vehicles etc

Yeah but it'd cost 1.8 million dollars per 100 metres and wash out in 2 months time.
  14. beeb

Electric Vehicles etc

Out of curiosity - what was the latest/least worst dual-cab you've driven? Small cars aren't automatically good either sadly. I drove a new (demo car) Honda [edit] City back in '09 and was the most dangerous vehicle I have ever driven to this day (it had just endless bucketloads, and swathes of...
  15. beeb

Electric Vehicles etc

An Atto 3 really isn't that big a car. They look SUV-like, but mostly they just sit higher to accomodate the battery tray. They are actually a few mm shorter (bumper to bumper) than a Cerato hatch - and the Cerato only gives up 12L of boot space (not counting a frunk on the Atto if it has...
  16. beeb

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Ironically a lot of the better/smarter ones do. Generally if mechanics don't have some decent baseline (core) strength - especially before starting the role, or do some ongoing work to maintain some (core) strength they're quite likely to get injured (strain/sprain/overstretching, etc...) from...
  17. beeb

Electric Vehicles etc

Is that a QLD thing? I've heard of the GST exemption for novated lease, but not that...
  18. beeb

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Do not get into trucks then. :p The "heavy diesel" trade designation ain't no joke! The inter-axle* prop shaft on the trucks I work with (which is about the same length as the Suzi's rear prop shaft) is 53.5kgs. ;) (*between the two diffs)
  19. beeb

Electric Vehicles etc

For me the reduced purchase price via a novated lease would (mostly) offset the finance costs, the slight technical problem being that I can't get a novated lease through my work (yet). It'd still be dearer for me overall, but at least would greatly reduce the need to have money in advance. I...
  20. beeb

Electric Vehicles etc

This is always touted but I haven't seen a lot of maths to back it up in reality unless you're cashed up and already looking at cars in the price bracket most EV's sit at. Might be an option for you, but it's arrogant to assume it applies to the masses. If someone just needed cheap(ish)...