Search results

1. Cardy George

Second Hand Bike Recommendation

Dunno if this will help, it's from 2021 so thing have moved on even more https://m.pinkbike.com/news/throwback-thursday-how-much-has-geometry-changed-in-the-past-10-years.html You might find a "trail" version of an "xc" bike normally has around 120mm, will be closer geometry to what your used...
  2. Cardy George

You laugh you lose

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5QxSADul7q/?igsh=MWMza3lwcG8zNm1kOA==
  3. Cardy George

Electric Vehicles etc

In all seriousness though, I don't know who wrote our vehicle policy, or even know if we have one. There's a massive push to cut costs, so I'm sure if they could provide the capability with a lower cost they'd be all over it.
  4. Cardy George

Electric Vehicles etc

We rent them from Orix, who have their own safety standards that only "modern" utes can provide, so that's all they can provide us. Apparently. Better than our US office. Anything smaller than a Ram would be laughed at and sent back.
  5. Cardy George

Electric Vehicles etc

I do utilise the 4wd capabilities for work, but I knocked one of those monsters back. Everyone was like "WTF, why?" but they don't have to live in the fucker. Motel carparks aren't huge, the Hilux isn't a tea-totaller as it is, and Almond rows that I drive down semi-regularly aren't that wide...
  6. Cardy George

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I last looked a couple of weeks ago and they were saying low 20s. Mrs George got a bit of a shock when she looked this morning and saw high-teens!
  7. Cardy George

Electric Vehicles etc

It's only a deathtrap if you're the one getting hit by it! We had to take the trailer out to the bike club this weekend. I must be a fucking saint because not only did I put my trailer on, I had to take it off when we got there, go get the club trailer, put it on and then do the whole thing in...
  8. Cardy George

Correct! Apparently these are the core of what they do https://www.carbon-ti.com/products/chainrings/x-singlecarbon These are on the wish list, but at $300 per rotor they can stay there https://www.carbon-ti.com/products/brake-disk-and-bolt-kits/x-rotor-steel-carbon-3/x-rotor-steelcarbon-3-180
  9. Cardy George

I think @silentbutdeadly summed it up nicely. After the 12hr in 2021 I said I'd come back for a 24. Then they cancelled '22, and I'd just started chasing tractors in '23. It's been 3 years in the making. You coming too?
  10. Cardy George

Same type of day up north. Was a bit chilly before the sun cracked the horizon, but it turned in to a glorious day. First Round of the Winter Series. First go at using the timing system. 6km time trial and a 10km time trial. First time losing a 6yo kid on track. He wasn't lost, but we had lost...
  11. Cardy George

ACT CORC 24 Hour

Which one's are you doing? I'm curious to know what other events there are and if I can wrangle a way to get to them.
  12. Cardy George

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Yep, share your pain. Tractors aren't too bad, but all of the other harvest machinery for almonds have cabins that are only just big enough for a human to fit. You should see some of the Labour Hire Islanders try and stuff themselves in :oops:
  13. Cardy George

Electric Vehicles etc

I think that was his point @ozzybmx We're probably an edge case for "needing" the Colorado, but Mrs George regularly carries animals and associated things, plus if we tried hard enough (and sold a couple of kids) we could camp and take bikes without the trailer. I do. Well not on the commute...
  14. Cardy George

ACT CORC 24 Hour

Nah, wait until after next weekend so he doesn't mix it up with the Bike SA Dirty Weekend trophy
  15. Cardy George

Electric Vehicles etc

And live within the infrastructure. It's getting better, we had Tesla Chargers installed last month, all 4 of them! I've said it before. When we bought the Colorado I honestly thought EV would be next. Not ready yet though.
  16. Cardy George

Used SUV's ~$20K pref 7 seats

How can I say this without sounding like an arse, fuckit, I can't. That's kinda like dating an amputee. There is nothing wrong with it, it's still entertaining and they are probably a great person. But there still something missing. It's 8 cylinders or go home. (Now I've said it, you'll...
  17. Cardy George

Little Things You Love

I put my whole wheel saga on Instagram, which auto uploads to Farcebook LTIL Had a couple of mates offer to lend me a wheel while waiting for mine to be repaired....... Little thing that made a giggle: said mates clearly didn't look at every picture to see that it was fixed :p
  18. Cardy George

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Good Ol' Uncle Pete has a VN with the V6 bored out to 4.2L and quite often embarrasses those who think they know. But he's also the one with hard springs and soft dampers in his VE. Read that as you will.
  19. Cardy George

That's the previous owner! And I never had three teenagers, i don't know what you're talking about. Bike just needs the freewheel, cassette, tape and tyre. Hoping to get that done this arvo