Search results

1. Dane

Need some advice for a new 4WD, can anybody help?

An employer of mine has a couple of these in their fleet. I have driven them regularly on the Great Alpine road (Hotham). They are brilliant in the conditions I regularly drove them and great for load hauling (twin cabs). I found they were slow as shit (all that happened when the turbo spooled...
  2. Dane

Anyone used Google Sketch Up? or other free 3d design software

Hey, Just wondering if anyone has been using any software to render models from SketchUp. I've been doing some architectural work for presentations, usually just using SU to view 3d models, however I need to produce some stills for marketing material. Just wondering if there is any easy to...
  3. Dane

towing an auto car

I'm guessing no RACV. Your cars 12ish years old, bound to have the occasional problem. Why not join up to make life a little easier - especially if you rely on it a bit. I'm pretty sure you could get it towed for free tonight if you had. BTW just out of curiosity what's the problem with it? I...
  4. Dane

make your own riding light

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4312993
  5. Dane

singlespeed?

afaik no..
  6. Dane

car loan and subaru

Thanks Largest! Matt H, I see what you were getting at, but it's hardly relevant. I disagree with Jon that driving a car 90min daily "will pretty much destroy the car before you pay it off." How long will it take to pay off a car? For the last four years, I was spending about 6 months of...
  7. Dane

car loan and subaru

I believe it would do less, as my understanding is that the majority of damage is done when the engine is cold - therefore not as well lubricated.
  8. Dane

car loan and subaru

Would you care to explain. How is driving 90 mins going to do much more damage to a car than driving it 10 mins?
  9. Dane

car loan and subaru

What Suby do you want? Could you settle for a 2000 or even 99? Possibly save yourself 6 or 7 grand. I'm not great with numbers, but I'd guess that by the time you've paid 24 grand or whatever your loan ends up costing, your 20 grand car may only be worth 15. As far as having to spend money on...
  10. Dane

Alternative to MSN

A phone call...
  11. Dane

Newish corona ad?

Share? I'm a fan of that ad. Makes me all fuzzy inside. Can't wait to hit up Bali this winter.
  12. Dane

Soundproofing?

Batwing seals for your door frame. http://www.lorient.com.au/Product/LE1212.aspx Cheap as shit However still leaves a big gap under your door. Acoustic seals for that aren't so cheap. http://www.lorient.com.au/Product/IS8010si.aspx Or similar. You could also buy a Solid Core door...
  13. Dane

lady gaga is a hermaphrodite

14. Dane

Recommend a truing stand

Sorry to hi-jack. But does anyone know if any bike shops will lend (rent) a truing stand? Preferably in the Bayside (Hampton/Brighton/Highett/etc) or Melbourne (CBD) areas. I've got some work to do but am real short on cash to buy one or get it done by a shop. I know you can just do it...
  15. Dane

Rotorburn, the new Farkin

I hope RB doesn't get confused with PB. :cool: I'm curious how the domains will work (not that my understanding of this is all that great). When will we be browsing rotorburn.com/forums? Will and for how long will farkin.net point to rotorburn.com?
  16. Dane

Nice April fools joke.

I assume like most car forums. Small penises probably! Although that site was an awesome resource when I use to have a Holden.
  17. Dane

Nice April fools joke.

Got a tip off about this one too. http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=116521
  18. Dane

Nice April fools joke.

Future Edge use to do the trick as well.
  19. Dane

Wetsuits

Get a steamer, no doubt about it. I use mine 80% of the year. I could use it on the hottest of hot days if it was all I had. Just get of the board occasionally and pull the neck open to get some water in. I'm pretty sure mines 4/3 and I'd recommend that's what you should get. Mordys in...
  20. Dane

Road Side Drug Test

I think this topic was discussed on Hack a few weeks back. IIRC it was something like 7 hours for weed and 24 for party drugs.