Search results

1. kevpun

christmas list

Friends and family in melbourne and you're not?
  2. kevpun

Gay Marriage

READ THIS CAREFULLY: I am not defending an institution. I am an expressing my opinion on whether or not gay people should be permitted to marry in the "true" sense and thereby be afforded all the rights of a married couple. Your next misconception relates to adoption - its not in any...
  3. kevpun

Gay Marriage

Read some posts will ya - please. I getting sick of typing the same thing over.
  4. kevpun

Gay Marriage

If one of my children grow up to be gay huh? I won't be happy. I still love them - but not happy. If they want to enter into an abomination that some people here esnt to refer to as a "gay marriage"? I won't be happy at all and I'll express my disgust ... but I'll still love them. If...
  5. kevpun

Gay Marriage

Good start ... you would know would you? For the rest, I think you're a bit confused. I'm against same sex "marriages" and their implications. People can do whatever they like as long as they don't harm others in ANY way.
  6. kevpun

Gay Marriage

We'll start with the "light hearted" 30% divorced ... meaning I'd be 70% married. Similar to having 2.3 children - understand? Mate? I'm not defending an institution - I'm defending my view on marriage. Mine! Johnny, turn gay (if required), get married if you like. I can't stop you if you...
  7. kevpun

Gay Marriage

I have the right to my own opinion. Is anybody different? I don't think gay people should be given the right to adopt children. Giving a gay couple all of the rights of a hetro couple in marriage will potentially do this.
  8. kevpun

Gay Marriage

Well here's the next real problem... Kevin says: semantics and the parenthood issue are important John says: it's just semantics hmmm - at least the arguement is now clear for you, problem is that your values seem to allow you to dismiss it and mine do not.
  9. kevpun

Gay Marriage

WTF? Well the F is that it means something to me and obviously not to you. It will also be very different - it will be specifically about the intent of staying with and supporting till death - not about having children or adopting them. Do you get it now?
  10. kevpun

Gay Marriage

Like it or not, parents typically wish their children to grow up with good values. People, some of them being parents, tend to believe in their own values. I would like my children to grow up in a world where marriage is something they see as a man and a woman choosing to do when they want to...
  11. kevpun

Gay Marriage

Mostly agree, but still don't believe gay people should "marry". "Pair for life", fine! Similar legal rights (not adoption though) fine! Marriage is something a man and a woman do when they love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together. Gays can go and invent their own...
  12. kevpun

Gay Marriage

I've got almost no hair - sure, I'll have a dig :)
  13. kevpun

Gay Marriage

I can only offer this based on the various gay and lesbian people I've known over the years. I've know men that have lived through an early hetro marriage with children and changed their preferences later in life ... and still love their children. I've known gay me that are great with...
  14. kevpun

Gay Marriage

To SIC and the other various people that have trouble understanding things I believe in ... Marriage is something special to me as it encapsulates love between a amn and a woman and eventually children and children growing and the family extending ... and so it goes. There is nothing wrong...
  15. kevpun

Gay Marriage

Current affairs programs I've watched indicate that the fifth baby you have outside of marriage gets you enough money to buy a washing machine ... all with thanks to the taxpayers.
  16. kevpun

Gay Marriage

I agree with most of what you're saying. The one exception being that I don't believe a homesexual environment is a healthy one for a growing child. Not because the parents wouldn't love the child (good and bad people come in all flavours), more because it doesn't offer the right balance. I'm...
  17. kevpun

Gay Marriage

I have a very happy marriage, I love my wife and I love my two beautiful children. I also love my parents (who also love each other and have been married for 60 years). My wife loves her parents (I kinda do too and they've been married for almost 50 years). Despite the fact that you seem to...
  18. kevpun

Gay Marriage

Fine, that's valid. But like I've said, come up with something different in terms of a legal relationship that meets the needs of the gay community. Just don't call it a marriage and don't let them adopt children and I'll be perfectly happy.
  19. kevpun

Gay Marriage

I have no aguement with this, what's wrong with a will?
  20. kevpun

Gay Marriage

I see marriage as something very special between a man and a woman. Grow in your ability to comprehend the feelings and emotions of others and you'll be a better person for it. This is MY opinion! Read my posts completely and you will see that I have NOTHING against gay people being awarded...