Search results

1. K

Ta, much appreciated.

Ta, much appreciated.
  2. K

Hi! I'm up in QLD, postcode 4520. Let me know if you'd consider shipping the Pivot! My current...

Hi! I'm up in QLD, postcode 4520. Let me know if you'd consider shipping the Pivot! My current bike is just that bit too hard to pedal up hills (it weights 20kg...), looking for something a bit lighter :-) Cheers
  3. K

Where to get 1.5" straight steerer headsets?!

Ah, I meant my next bike purchase will be an ebike most likely, but until then I'm stuck with peddling my self uphill on this old thing.
  4. K

Thanks guys. I'll look into the two bottoms option I think it will either be that or have something machined to accept 49mm ID cups. Nukeproof don't offer 1.5" tops at all, and I can't find 55mm ID top cups anywhere period. The current races might be OK (I haven't gone over them super closely)...
  5. K

It seems to be 55mm ID, which apparently is not at all standard.
  6. K

nope, can't find any caged bearings that fit. Also just realized its worse than I thought, as it seems my bike (Marin Quake) is going to be next to impossible to find a replacement for due to the custom size of the headtube...
  7. K

Hey guys, My headset on my old 1.5" straight fork (no, not tapered) is bust, and I need another. I've spent a couple of days on the internet trying and I've eventually found one headset (https://www.merlincycles.com/en-au/chris-king-nothreadset-1-1-2-headset-131318.html)! Is there something...
  8. K

QLD S O L D

By 'medium frame only', you mean that what's for sale is just the frame ( as opposed to you only having a medium sized bike for sale...) ?
  9. K

New Brisbane rider on a 26er

Hi, I got into MTB a few months ago. Rode a friends spare hardtail a couple of times and decided to get my own bike. Wasn't ready to invest thousands just to ride around in the bush, so I found one of these old Marins for $700 in good nick. Suits me just fine, goes down hill fast which is all I...