Search results

1. tobbogonist

Sold Onza t raptor trials bike

More like working on a farm hauling cauliflowers/various bastard vegetables, broke my phone a couple of days in and only just returned to society to pick up a new one.
  2. tobbogonist

The last movie you've last watched last

About three weeks ago we watched Dr Strangelove. My partner hadn't seen it before. With everything going on in the world right now it hit a little too close to home. Turned it off 15 minutes in.
  3. tobbogonist

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Finally got an afternoon free. Dug out about 500m of trail that had been marked out with pretty streamers since last year then tested it in my gumboots. I've got about 2 months before it turns to mud.
  4. tobbogonist

Cheers @Dales Cannon, I'll keep it safe incase you change your mind and end up on Tas. I'll definately use it but probably won't experience much progression :)
  5. tobbogonist

Hey mate I'm in Hobart late next week if you don't get any buyers. Depends on how much I spend in fuel getting there but definately interested. I'll probably get frustrated with it and pass it on to one of the filthy mainlanders if they are down for a visit/know someone about who has car space...
  6. tobbogonist

Snakes

We have three local tiger snakes, one behind the bus in the bush, one opposite in the field under an old tinny (he is very big and I have transferred the boat rego over into his name) and a small one that flaps about when ever I let my guard down. Latest episode I was sitting on the deck having...
  7. tobbogonist

Derby in Tassi

Nw coast of Tassie. Near Smithton. I don't know a lot about the logging process here as I've been in Vic some time and was busy paying attention to their atrocities.
  8. tobbogonist

Derby in Tassi

This was native bush when I was a child, was logged about 4 years ago.
  9. tobbogonist

Derby in Tassi

November 3rd you say, looks like I'm going to have to find a strategic location trailside and moon you as you go past.
  10. tobbogonist

What does your day look like?

I had to look them up haha. A little different yes. They make a bit of noise, feed on little metallic blue beetles that are getting about everywhere here at the moment. I will have to check the show out. A bloke I worked with raised the first pair that where reintroduced to Victoria a a few...
  11. tobbogonist

Bmx bikes scare the crap out of me. Centre of gravity is all wrong. Sell it! Glad it's only minor injuries.
  12. tobbogonist

I've ridden less the 5km this year and also felt old afterwards. In addition fell asleep in a chair after dinner tonight much to my younger brothers amusement.
  13. tobbogonist

Hacks

Cheers, I had actually forgotten about that all together. Cooking is done predominantly outside but we have an indoor fire and next to no ventilation.
  14. tobbogonist

What does your day look like?

Had a day off, scouted out and marked some trail locations. I have about 200m of elevation to play with including a massive cliff type thing. Think Beechworth bike park but in the rainforest. Checked the trail cams I haven't been game enough to go near since last year because of snakes...
  15. tobbogonist

Confessions from the fuckwits

Got a quote on new off-road tyres, agreed and thought I had ordered them. 'pay on the day' the bloke said when I reached for my wallet. Called up this morning to see how it was going . . I miss understood, bloke meant 'pay on the day' when you order them.. It's a month later and price has...
  16. tobbogonist

Hacks

Yep that's pretty much what we did. Have lined up work 6 months of the year, then have six months off. Can definately recommend it.
  17. tobbogonist

Derby in Tassi

NW coast of Tasmania. Its more work life balance getting in the way. Working on a farm 12 hours a day, not much energy left for riding. Bikes been stripped down and put back together a few times though :)
  18. tobbogonist

Derby in Tassi

That's what I wanted to hear :) Also I probably will, haven't ridden with anyone else since my 2 riding buddies had kids. Still trying to get a dropper and wheelset back off one of them, he says the dropper makes it easy to for his wife to get on the bike and he likes the sound of the hubs..
  19. tobbogonist

Little Things You Hate

Logging/forestry. They have opened up a coup further along from our place, has gone from 1 car a week to trucks every half hour from 4 am onwards. Is pretty sad watching them haul out 100+ year old trees to be pulped. There are 5 different truck drivers and 5 blokes that work the machinery...
  20. tobbogonist

Little Things You Hate

Tassie has been early 20's and humid as shit the last few weeks. I also hate it.