Search results

1. P

Old guy getting back into it.

Cheers ForkinGreat, after doing a bit more research I’ve decided to go with Hope hubs anyway. My main reason for getting new wheels is that I just got a pair of Maxxis minions as the holy rollers that were on it had no grip at all down that trail I went down. The back was fishtailing the whole...
  2. P

Thanks for the welcome and all the advice guys, much appreciated! ForkinGreat, definitely keeping the STP, I love it and it holds great memories. I’m in no rush to go and buy a duel suspension, besides they’re damn expensive! One day though. And yeah, I have noticed that straight steer forks...
  3. P

Cheers Dales Cannon. And Moorey, dem’s fightin words, hah.
  4. P

Thanks Moorey. Yeah, dropper post is on the cards. Been pulling up and raising/lowering it when I need to but a dropper post would definitely be convenient. Going to upgrade the shocks to 130mm I think, these are a bit stiff for the trail I was talking about. And don’t worry, been keeping my eye...
  5. P

Hi everyone, Thought I’d do the generic intro thread. Getting back into my pushies at the tender age of 40 on the Gold Coast. Haven’t ridden in about 10 years but a mate of mine built a little track with a few jumps in his backyard so I thought I’d pull the old Giant STP out of retirement. Man...