Search results

1. F

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

So I just bought this... 2006 SV650S. Since this is the project thread, i'm intending on - fender eliminator to clean up the tail - new exhaust can (or just drilling the exhaust... its free) for a throatier sound - learning how to ride it. First bike, should be interesting.
  2. F

Australia day!

Im in Houston, texas, USA and I just got home from an australia day party at an irish pub. Met a couple fellow expats and chilled out with co-workers and friends. Many beers were drunk (no australian beers... not even cat-pis- err i mean fosters.. Though shiner a local texas beer is pretty darn...
  3. F

Thoughts on Australia holding the soccer World Cup

We'd be inundated with british football hooligans. In the interests of public safety we should ban any brits from stepping onto our fair shores. On second thought we should do this anyway.
  4. F

The Laptop Thread.

I have a 15" MBP its pretty darn good. I use it for regular internettin', downloading and watching stuff, recording using garageband and some basic video editing. Oh and I play the occasional game on it (when if ever is modern warfare 2 coming out for mac??). Its pretty much overkill for what...
  5. F

The Laptop Thread.

is it covered by warranty? a couple of months sounds way too early for that issue to be coming up..
  6. F

Eating in Melbourne's Chinatown

y'all dont know dodgy dumplings? Camy shanghai dumpling (or whatever its called.. everyone i know calls it dodgy dumplings) is on tattersalls lane which is the first lane on your left if you walk east down little bourke from swanston. its the same lane as gaylords actually. Good points: -...
  7. F

Digital vs Physical Storage.

The masses have spoken.... and they dont care..
  8. F

One for the Graf/Stencil/street artists.... Apparently we're up to post #623 now

Self incrimination? Also he pleaded guilty..
  9. F

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Offroad tyres So this is a car thread and I need some car advice! I need to buy some new tyres for my car. Its an 03 jeep grand cherokee with 4wd. Current tyres are low on tread and have some nasty cuts in the sidewalls from some easy 4WDing. Theyre also street tyres (wrangler hp) and by...
  10. F

Mac Questions Thread. I killed my Mac today....

Hey thanks for the advice on setting file association As for space bar - nope.. its on the side of the room playing movies or songs when it happens.. noone touches it. Actually it has been playing itunes all afternoon now and it hasnt skipped yet... I restarted it yesterday. So whats the...
  11. F

My mac (mbp 2.66ghz ) seems to randomly pause when playing back videos sometimes... using quicktime. Doesnt happen when i use VLC. How do i make it always open videos with VLC and how do I stop it from pausing with quicktime? edit - this seems to happen with itunes too.
  12. F

6 Week Weightloss/Fitness Challenge

Yeah I think I need to do this. About 10 months ago I was in the best shape of my life. Some situational changes and I slacked off hardcore. Now Im literally the fattest I've ever been, and I can do about half the weight I was doing before. Plan on going Gym 3 times a week - doing a program...
  13. F

Lets talk about... Private Health Insurance.

When I lived in Aus I had ambulance cover only. Figured being young and indestructible I'd be fine, plus I'd taken a few ambulance rides under my parents cover previously and when I wasnt covered by that any longer got my own. In the US now I have health insurance through work. Costs me about...
  14. F

Electric Guitar

This may be way out but have you checked the buffer settings in logic express? I know garageband has a couple settings, smaller buffer to remove latency and larger buffer to allow more tracks or something like that.
  15. F

Electric Guitar

I run my electric guitar straight into my mac using an adapter. Garageband has a bunch of different amps and pedals to model with which is heaps of fun. Recording quality is also pretty decent (on a brand new macbook pro.. dont know what soundcard that has), def good enough for my messing around...
  16. F

GT Sensor 1 Vs Giant Anthem X1 2010

You could always check out how much a set of spokes/XT rims/built XT wheelset would cost (online or LBS) and decide if spending the extra money to replace the wheels on the GT is worth it for you. Keep in mind having a second set of wheels comes in handy (for slicks or just spares) and that you...
  17. F

What 600cc moto?

Seeing as he put "till got to do RTA test etc" in his post I think you're right. You'll be limited to the LAMS bikes. I dont ride but my brother just got his first bike and went with a 250cc because they hold their value really well, and they are cheap. So you can get a faster bike after a...
  18. F

So I bought a macbook pro 15" 2.66ghz (The better video card/ larger drive)..... and its awesome. Im learning how to use everything pretty quickly, the trackpad gestures have blown my mind. Its so damn good, I am seriously considering not even buying a mouse to go with it. I bought an...
  19. F

Thats going through my head at the moment. Ended up not able to get it last night, but going today after work. Realistically 95% of the time its going to be doing stuff I could do on my 5 year old desktop PC back home. The other 5% will be some gaming, sound recording and photo editing / some...
  20. F

So I'm about to go buy a macbook pro 15". Im pretty much decided on the entry level 15" model as the only difference I can see with the next one up (apart from $300 usd) is that it has slightly faster processor, a better video card, and a larger (320gb vs 250gb I think) hdd. Meanwhile it has...