Hacks

Who are you?

• Total voters

Ideate

It's that time of the year where I dust off the mig and procrastinate over doing semester planning.

Funnily enough I actually planned this hack job so that should make it ineligible (who plans a hack!?)

Just started today so not finished yet.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is what I made for my Falcon ute.

I modified it 10 years later to fit my BT50 and it's still going well.

Ideate

I modified it 10 years later to fit my BT50 and it's still going well.
Nice garage rack too by the looks. Multi purpose!

I want to hang my bikes over the tailgate but also have a hard tonneau cover to secure my things when I take the bikes out. Otherwise I would have made something like yours.

Inspiration came from bak flip. Nearly put down $2.5k for a blueys roll top but thought a bak flip would be better. Apparently nobody makes bak flip style covers for falcon utes.. So here I am. Steel has cost about $50 so far so the missus is happy.

Ideate

I found this while trolling for old pictures of my first STP. Back in 2012, I was living at Nunnu's and used his stick welder to make Dexter a basket holder so he could come on beach rides along St Kilda to help me pickup hot girls. It worked until they got closer and saw my hack job stick welding!!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
20120909_172830.jpg

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I found this while trolling for old pictures of my first STP. Back in 2012, I was living at Nunnu's and used his stick welder to make Dexter a basket holder so he could come on beach rides along St Kilda to help me pickup hot girls. It worked until they got closer and saw my hack job stick welding!!
You could get Gripsport to weld up a nice bracket dooverlacky for you, so you can attract the hot chix. Hot chix appreciate welding skills. :llama:

Dexter's wingman game is tight, but you are cockblocking yourself with crappy welds.

Ideate

You could get Gripsport to weld up a nice bracket dooverlacky for you, so you can attract the hot chix. Hot chix appreciate welding skills. :llama:

Dexter's wingman game is tight, but you are cockblocking yourself with crappy welds.
I've since improved on the welding front and obtained a full time chick. Dexters' wingman game continues to be on point.. I've just got the missus cockblocking me now.

Ideate

For those wondering how a helicoil works.

Long story short, I bought a Hope 4 Pro rear hub from CRC, laced and trued it to a rim, taped and tyre fitted tubeless. Attempt to fit the rotor and one of the holes was slightly bigger than the others. Hope didn't want a bar of it and CRC are absolutely hopeless.. "we know you want to get back on your bike asap!" - Chain Reaction Cycles. A week later and nothing so I decided to fix it myself.

Setting up for surgery!

helicoil_hope_pro4_1.jpg

Drilled out the hole to fit the helicoil. I was worried it might make the hole too thin towards the outer but it looked ok.

helicoil_hope_pro4_2.jpg

Tap went in nice and easy.

helicoil_hope_pro4_3.jpg

Nurse, helicoil please!

helicoil_hope_pro4_4.jpg

helicoil_hope_pro4_5.jpg
helicoil_hope_pro4_6.jpg

Snapped the end off helicoil.. and that was that. Bolt went in just like new and tightened up nicely.

helicoil_hope_pro4_7.jpg

Ideate

While I'm at it.. I was putting my wheel back on and had a frayed gear cable.

So I put some frayed cable fluid on it.

FIXED!

cable_end_2.jpg
cable_end_3.jpg
cable_end_4.jpg

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did u hear back from either CRC or hope? New replacement hub up for sale soon?

Disregard, saw other post. Good option.

Last edited: