03 DJ 1

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok, im scratching my head at the moment here...I have a pair of 03 dj1s on my bike. When i bought them 2nd hand they were off a norco torrent, which they are set in the 130 mm travel setting with. At the trafalger 4x, i maganed to make myself a set of dj1+ with 7inches of travel, so they had to get sent off for warranty. Now after riding them around for a bit, im noticing that either a) the wrong spring weight was put in, and i cant bottom the fork out or b) the wrong spring length was put back in. Can someone with a 4" dj1 (or 2 or 3 i guess) measure the length of stanchion, from dust seal to bottom of the crown, and someone with a 5" set do the same please. Its not affecting the performance of the bike, but id like to know what the hell is going on with my forks.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is a possibility, but id assume that Groupe Sportife would be able to put the right oil heights in my forks. I can always pull them down and see, but at least if i can get an idea of how much stanchion is ment to be exposed, i can work out if im in 4 or 5inch set up.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My DJ3's had 127 mm between the dust seal and the bottom of the crown.
The manual says it should be 130 mm .
The actual travel was more like 117 mm and the oil levels were correct....so , yeah. Go figure... :roll:

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, mine have just under 130, but im geting about 110 of travel out of them, even after i leave the bike sitting upside down, and all the oil drains to the other end of the fork (dont try this at home...top out delux is not good for marzo plastic push rods) and hop on it, the forks wont bottom to 130mm.