04 deemax

lotec

Banned
ok heres the go, im getting together a list of parts to go on my m1 frame and im thinking of deemaxes. what i want to know is: the rear hub, its bolt up ok i know that, can you get it in 12 mm thru axle? and if not are the bolt axles 12 mm? if not i feel so sorry for myself ill have to get hugi freerides :wink: who reckons trailpimps are starting to defeat the purpose of buying such a light frame? 8)

lotec

Banned
shweeeeeet looks like im going deemax damnit i just finished building a wheelset with hugi freerides and trailpimps and gold nipples :wink: on this site :p

and 3rdly, 2 much bling bling for youo mate, donate to me. ooo donate! my local roadbike shop has deemaxes there, i can check what they have here if you want, like hanging on the wall

lotec

Banned
k thanks would be good to know i think there rrp 1200 here but im thinking of getting all this o/s im all for supporting my lbs (ask to see my purchase record at BA) but its gonna save me maybe even $4000+ to go o/s and i understand about warranties being a pain in the but but who wouldnt save that much cash that they didnt even have if they could?

lotec

Banned
ok new question: what do i need to get to use the rear with a 12 mm thru axle? it somes with an 11mm bolt up and i cant seam to find any adaptors or anything HELP ME PEOPLE!

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
I don't think you can make the deemax 12mm thru, they come as 10mm bolt up unless you can put a hadley internal or similar in. I wouldn't go deemax anyway, get the mavic ex 823 rims (old D3.1). Same rim as deemax but in 32 holes, buy some hadley or hugi freeride hubs and lace them up. About the same cost and then you get some really nice hubs with the same UST rims. I have heard mixed reviews about the mavic hubs.

I reckon that option has more bling bling factor (if thats what your after), hugi and hadley hubs are soooo nice. Hope this helps.

Matt.

BenM

Likes Bikes
I don't know what size the new Deemax are, but the 03 - although they fit 10mm dropouts, were actually 8mm!!! - I have seen quite a few broken '03 deemax axles (and was for a while machining replacement axles for my LBS whiched fixed the weak spot in the deemax axles).

Buy a proper 12mm axle (i.e. 12 mm all the way through).

lotec

Banned
ok deemaxes are out of teh picture getting hugi freerides with 321s :wink: thanks for the advice everyone

lotec

Banned
sorry if it sounded like i had trailpimps but what i meant to say is i could get them or 321s/729s

lotec

Banned
but thats most likely with the adaptors to run qr in there which IMHO totally defeats the purpose of having a frame with 12mm dropouts :roll:

Tankass

Likes Dirt
i have heard that dee max hubs are not that good.in terms of engagement and durability.
y not go for custom built rims?
i suggest arrow DH rims laced with PhilWood 14G spokes to hadley hubs.
just a suggestion though.=)

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
2_fast_4_u said:
i definetly know the deemax's will fit....i've seen lots of m1's with that set up
You can get M1's with either 10mm QR or 12mm through axel. The rear bottom linkage bar is one or the other.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
the M1's come with a spacer to run a 9mm qr or 12mm bolt up (not a different swingarm)... it is posssible to ream the 9mm qr one to accept a 10mm bolt thru- hell, i think you might not even have to ream the spacer...