My new ride:

Frame: '04 Iron Horse SGS
Forks: "07 Marzocchi 888 RC2X VA
Shock: Manitou swinger 6 Way
Cranks/BB: FSA Extreme
Chainring: BiLT 38 tooth
Brakes: AVID- Front,CODE 5
- Rear,CODE 5
Wheelset: Front,Sun-Hill Rod,Novatech, Rear, Singletrack- 165mm ?
Tyres: Maxxis Minions DHF
Guide: Truvativ Box Guide
Pedals: BiLT ZED
Stem: Funn Direct mount
Bars: BiLT Fatbutt W/ Imperial iGrips
Headset: FSA Orbit Z 1.5R
Seat: SDG - Bel Air RL
Shifter: Sram X7
Deraileur: Sram X7
Chain: Shimano HG73
Cassette: Shimano

Thanks to Rider219 for hooking me up with the frame,cranks & Rear wheel

Attachments

Last edited:

sheepy

Likes Dirt
Rear, Singletrack- 150mm ?
165mm actually, i had that wheel laced myself, after a rather unfortunate incident involving me crashing that frame off a 12ft wall :D

she didnt mind it though, that baby will take anything you throw at it

:( im so sad i sold it now! its bringing back memories, ride her hard bro! huck it for me!

Aaron547

Likes Dirt
wow! soo neat. was such a nice bike when sheepy had it, and would be much better with the 888's.

Enjoy it, and please do it justice and ride it more than sheepy did! :p

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
Man that thing looks sweet!!! I hope you like it mate, and thanks im glad i could help. I had the rear shock done by manitou just before i sold it to him too. Well done on the build its got some nice specs there.

Sheepy, i wish I had it back now! haha

P.S You have to let me take her for a spin on that on the weekend!

.Alex.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey mate i am looking into one of these frames and was curious on how they ride, cheers

jailbait

Likes Bikes
Nice, 4 bar suspension is wonderful.

Is that really an 04? It looks immaculate yet it's quite old.

H

>Henry

Do you have problems with that seatpost hitting the rear shock? Because it looks like it would be a close shave from the pictures...Unless my logic is completely wrong as usual.

ecd08

Likes Dirt
hey does this bike remind anyone else of a specialized bighit???? sooo much like it but prolly way better (no offense to specialized) because its an ironhorse but yeah awesome bike yeah immaculate comdition for an 04 model ride her hard mate!:D

jailbait

Likes Bikes
hey does this bike remind anyone else of a specialized bighit???? sooo much like it but prolly way better (no offense to specialized) because its an ironhorse but yeah awesome bike yeah immaculate comdition for an 04 model ride her hard mate!:D
Same horst link suspension design used on this and the Specialized's FSR designs.