04 Norco Team DH frame RRP?

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't think it has been announced has it? cause my lbs has no idea.. i doubt it would be much more than the 03 modle.

S.

ex offender
matty_2003 said:
I don't think it has been announced has it? cause my lbs has no idea.. i doubt it would be much more than the 03 modle.
I imagine it would be a bit more, cos the 04 comes with the 5th Element whereas the 03 had a Fox.

I'd be expecting around the $3k mark.

juzza

Likes Dirt
nah the bike should be the same price as the 03 model. Norco specs the bikes with better quality stuff cos they know they can buy more of the products therefore each product is cheaper to buy.

If you have no idea what im talking about look at how the stinky has evolved over the years and still stayed at $3000. The new norcos should be similarly (+ or - a few hundred) priced to last years models

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
my 03 was 4500 with hadley hub, shivers black spire headset and fox rear shock, so id be banking on about the same price give or take a couple of hundred. Take note that there is no note on the norco web page regarding a frame or frame fork kit as there has been in previous years.

S.

ex offender
juzza said:
nah the bike should be the same price as the 03 model. Norco specs the bikes with better quality stuff cos they know they can buy more of the products therefore each product is cheaper to buy.

If you have no idea what im talking about look at how the stinky has evolved over the years and still stayed at $3000. The new norcos should be similarly (+ or - a few hundred) priced to last years models
Buy more of the products than what? You're assuming their sales are increasing enough each year to cover that, when in reality profit margins are asymptotic to zero, no matter how much you buy/sell.

Given that the 5th Element shock costs nearly double that of the Fox (which is a difference of about five hundred bucks at retail), I wouldn't expect Norco to simply absorb that cost themselves.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yes but you work on retail prices there, weve no idea how much it costs them to get a shock at a oem price. Either way, im sure its priced to be affordable enough, whilst still making norco enough money.

S.

ex offender
shmity said:
yes but you work on retail prices there, weve no idea how much it costs them to get a shock at a oem price. Either way, im sure its priced to be affordable enough, whilst still making norco enough money.
Well what's the price diff between a 5th and a Fox on a Bullit? iirc, it's about $200us? So I'd be expecting a few hundred difference, at least. The old Team DH frames (without the forks) went for about $2700 I think, so I would say around $3k.

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
i saw the NOrco price list and there is no DH frame set price. in fact there was no set pricing for the DH complete bike. Would expect complete to be about $7500. The 04 Norco are a bunch of good looking, decently priced bikes. We might be stocking them this year.....