05 manitou sherman flick or firefly

chelsea_fan7

Likes Dirt
hey lads
just wondering which out of the two is the higher end model (the compnay says is better) and which performs better. They both seem to have 110-150mm adjustable travel and many other things in common so if you could seperate them for me it would me much appreciated.

neither are better but
the flick has 110-150
the firefly has 90-130

i personally own a pair of firefly's
great forks apart from the easy to brake travel adjust
so pick which travel you would want more ie 130-150 as it will defiantly brake on you

Rutter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
neither are better but
the flick has 110-150
the firefly has 90-130

so pick which travel you would want more ie 130-150 as it will defiantly brake on you
there a completely different fork

firefly is spv, so if you dirt jump or park i would definately go them, but you could also dh/freeride on them. one side is coil and one side is air. Ad you can just put air in or out to make them harder or softer.

flicks are tpc+ so i would really only use them for freeride/dh as you would have to mess around with springs to get the right setup for park/ dj and imo 110 is a bit to much travel. tpc is coil sprung only and will be plusher through the travel if setup correctly.

imo i would go the firefly after owning both. I had them on a do it all hardtail and they were great. My travel adjust didnt brake either. The firefly is more expensive because the cartridge costs more(i think)

Response to your post: definately go the fireflies, they are also lighter

Last edited:

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
neither are better but
the flick has 110-150
the firefly has 90-130

i dont believe that to be completly correct. i haev owned a pair of Sherman Flicks that where factory travel at 90-130mm, the 90mm was really nice till the travel adjust broke. Which will happen if you ride the fork hard in small travel, which your not sposed too