06 Bc Dh

dcrofty

Eats Squid
BTW am I the only one who felt that the old track was better?

Big call. I didn't ride but was helping with the shuttles for a bit and most of the riders I spoke to said it had a few teeting problems but that it was going to be really good when finished.

Always a bit of personal opinion on these sort of things though so its cool if thats what you think of it.

The_Master

Likes Dirt
Pics

Hey, thanks for the cool shots! It was great to be among the first to ride the new track, and to have the proof!

As for comparisons, I love the new track. I am not the best rider, but I could ride all the elements of the old track. For me, the new track is awesome, with many of the jumps something to aspire to. The track is varied, berms, off-camber, rocks, jumps, and a huge choice of lines. There were the ineviatable teething problems, most of which were made worse by the weather, but the organisation was great. Thanks to all the marshalls, timers, and everyone who made it a great weekend. Bring on the Nats in January!:)

BlacKnight_Racing

Likes Dirt
photo's are tops mate, thanks.
i love the new track, but then again it's not entirely finished, when it will be complete it should be awsome. the old track should have been kept in working order, then it would have been great, otherwise rather impressed with the track

cheers

Cletus

Likes Dirt
great shots, thanks for that:D and on the subject of which track was better... i seemed to have a lot more fun on the old one. sure, the dust can't be helped but i think all the jumps are a bit too long and the landings way too flat and savage. it could've been alot more fun i think. there's just no flow after you've bottomed out harshly on the landings. is there a thread on feedback for mt stromlo yet?

Last edited:

mattvincent

Likes Dirt
great shots, thanks for that:D and on the subject of which track was better... i seemed to have a lot more fun on the old one. sure, the dust can't be helped but i think all the jumps are a bit too long and the landings way too flat and savage. it could've been alot more fun i think. there's just no flow after you've bottomed out harshly on the landings. is there a thread on feedback for mt stromlo yet?
Alot of people are not taking into account for that teh track IS NOT FINISHED. there is still a bridge to be put in, and multiple other things to be changed, one of which is the road gap landing. the track was very slow on the weekend which would hvae also contributed to peoples complaints. Thus why the track is CLOSED so that it has propper time to settle and be perfect for nationals.

leave judgement till after nats

saundo

Likes Dirt
the track is super sweet now and is only going to get better like mat said there is going to small problems due to the fact that the track isnt 100% finshed and once all the dust is gone the track will be alot faster and fun so like mat said leave judgments untill nats when the track is 100% finshed

jbg

Likes Dirt
Nice pics! the new track rocks and its not even finnished yet! give it time to compact and be a finished product! how fast are those berms ay
keep the old track? why would you? no offence but it was pretty much just a short cow track (one thin line) straight down the hill thank god we have a pro dh track in a.c.t
nice work MV & co cant wait to see some pros hit those gaps!

(i think we're in the wrong thread).........nice pics!

Cletus

Likes Dirt
Nice pics! the new track rocks and its not even finnished yet! give it time to compact and be a finished product! how fast are those berms ay
keep the old track? why would you? no offence but it was pretty much just a short cow track (one thin line) straight down the hill thank god we have a pro dh track in a.c.t
nice work MV & co cant wait to see some pros hit those gaps!

(i think we're in the wrong thread).........nice pics!

i think thats one of the main problems, only pro's will hit those gaps.
you guys are going to get HEAPS of spectators watching in that area and i think they'll be pretty dissapointed when maybe 4 or 5 guys out of 100 actually hit the gap.
you are right though, the track isnt finished yet and i think we should be able to make some suggestions before it is.