07 Rockhopper

camo71

Likes Dirt
heres my new ride.. just got it last week..its had a hard life by the looks of it so needs a bit of work and a few upgrades.. so this site will come in very handy.. cheers..

Attachments

camo71

Likes Dirt
cheers man ..yeh its got hayes sole brakes ..so after the bleeder cap popped out on the 2nd day and blew dot 4 everywhere ill start with brakes.. after a bit of a read here n there it seems hayes sole pretty much suck ass so ill look out for some avids or shimano ...ill mostly be just puttin around with my little bloke so nothing else too major ,just got a coupla new tyres to put on. want to get a new seat , cables and maybe bars..that should about do it ..plus whatever is causing the chainslippage..got a new chain but didnt help ....back cassette is new might need to do the front... :cool:

camo71

Likes Dirt
Hey peoples ... allrighty so been slowly fixing it up a bit..service, new tyres , got new chainring and that got rid of the slip and got rid of the Hayes slop brakes,had YD opens that were better but could never get trouble free for long then got some Avid juicy 7s and for me they are excellent, thought i may as well go nuts and get 203 rotors , may get a few lols at my rack but i have a seat for my boy that clips on and it handy for picking up a ctn down the bottle o so its staying.... not many upsides to all this rain lately but im loving riding in the local bush through all the mud :cool: good times!

Attachments

Last edited: