07 Round #3: Coffs Harbour Details + Entry Form

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Round 3 of the IXS Gravity NSW state downhill series will be held at Mt Coramba in Coffs Harbour again on the June long weekend (9th & 10th) in 2007.
Riders turned out in mass numbers from all over the country in 2006 and the event will be remembered for not only the rain on practise day but for the awesome experience of riding one of the best tracks in the country.

To get the ball rolling and inform you of some of the happenings, I've attached a "work in progress" event flyer.
Entry will be $80 for senior riders and $60 for juniors! Day license permits will be available for those who don't have an MTBA full year license.

More details will be posted as I confirm a few things but rest assured........Coffs Harbour will be the one event that you need to attend in 2007!

*Online entry is now available! Please click here to enter online.

Attachments

Last edited:

crozzo

Likes Dirt
YES!!!!!!! i thought it was gonna be the 9th and 10th, now i can go to castle, thax for the notice dozer. oh and i herd that u cant get the day licences any more is this tru:confused:

cheers crozzo

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Crozzo........it is the 9th and 10th.:p I belive that the "can't purchase a day license" only exists when racing in the single event state championships, not the actual series. You can buy a day license........

crozzo

Likes Dirt
Crozzo........it is the 9th and 10th.:p I belive that the "can't purchase a day license" only exists when racing in the single event state championships, not the actual series. You can buy a day license........
lier i kNEW it, fark mmmm that just means ill be hung over so bad on race run lol oh well:D

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
man that foto on the flyer is a treat. who took that of (beegay) ;)
There is a trick to looking at a flyer Crozzo, you read the info on the page and simply admire the pretty picture in the background.
............the photographer is written on it you bonehead!:p

binner

Hath shat hymself
massif

Ahh yes the pilgrimage of the Yups will once again invade Coffs
see you @ the top

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Ahh yes the pilgrimage of the Yups will once again invade Coffs
see you @ the top
Isn't it time for you to ask me all of the dumb questions again? The stupidity has already begun in this thread..........
No A-liner, you Mum can't enter her well groomed dog in a DH race.:rolleyes:

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hell yeah! first state race for me. annual leave booked in.
can i just rock up there, get a day licence, and race?

any suggestions for cheap bike freindly accom nearby?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
hell yeah! first state race for me. annual leave booked in.
can i just rock up there, get a day licence, and race?

any suggestions for cheap bike freindly accom nearby?
We are working on the pre entry system as I speak, it should all be done online and rego isn't available on the Sunday (as with other rounds I believe).
I would suggest trying www.parkbeachholidaypark.com.au for cheaper stuff. I know a whole lot of people who frequent that place and it suits them down to the ground mate. You could have a look at www.coffscoast.com.au also for any other info regarding accommodation.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Directions for Mt Coramba

To get to the mountain from the south.........
-Stay on the Pacific Highway and go through the city centre of Coffs Harbour.
-When you go over the big hill you will see the Big Banana on your left as you head down. Get into the left hand lane as the road flattens out and hits the 80km zone.
-Turn left into Bruxner Park Rd about 1km after the 80km zone starts.
-Follow this road up the winding hill and stay on it as it heads downward again into the thicker forest. After about 6kms of winding road you will come out on a flatter area and you'll see a bus shelter on the right hand side of the road. Turn left there into Mt Coramba Rd.
-The road is bitumen briefly around the homes then it starts on dirt road. Please drive slowly and quietly around the homes and up the hill. Parking will be organised by the volunteer fire brigade so please abide and say G'day to them, we thank them for helping!
-The pit area is located half way up the hill (same as last year but with more parking!).

To get to the mountain from the north.......
-Stay on the Pacific Highway.
-When you go through Sapphire Beach you'll head up a steep hill with a speed camera watching you so don't speed! Jump into the right hand lane as you enter the 80km zone and turn right into Bruxner Park Rd. Follow the above directions and you'll be all set!

I'll post more relative info as it becomes available. Keep in mind that we are having an after party again but at a different venue to last year. We will be at The Coffs Hotel which is in the centre of town on the Highway. We will be screening MTB films in our own private room, we will have a great dinner menu to choose from and the bar is well stocked! Juniors are also allowed to the after party as long as they nominate a guardian to watch over them. This could involve paying me $20 when you get there to tell the bar staff that I am your guardian.....:rolleyes: . Juniors can't drink alcohol so don't!
There may also be some prizes to give away at the party so come along and enjoy the night.

Attachments

Last edited:

binner

Hath shat hymself
huh

To get to the mountain from the south.........
-Stay on the Pacific Highway and go through the city centre of Coffs Harbour.
-When you go over the big hill you will see the Big Banana on your left as you head down. Get into the left hand lane as the road flattens out and hits the 80km zone.
-Turn left into Bruxner Park Rd about 1km after the 80km zone starts.
-Follow this road up the winding hill and stay on it as it heads downward again into the thicker forest. After about 6kms of winding road you will come out on a flatter area and you'll see a bus shelter on the right hand side of the road. Turn left there into Mt Coramba Rd.
-The road is bitumen briefly around the homes then it starts on dirt road. Please drive slowly and quietly around the homes and up the hill. Parking will be organised by the volunteer fire brigade so please abide and say G'day to them, we thank them for helping!
-The pit area is located half way up the hill (same as last year but with more parking!).

To get to the mountain from the north.......
-Stay on the Pacific Highway.
-When you go through Sapphire Beach you'll head up a steep hill with a speed camera watching you so don't speed! Jump into the right hand lane as you enter the 80km zone and turn right into Bruxner Park Rd. Follow the above directions and you'll be all set!

I'll post more relative info as it becomes available. Keep in mind that we are having an after party again but at a different venue to last year. We will be at The Coffs Hotel which is in the centre of town on the Highway. We will be screening MTB films in our own private room, we will have a great dinner menu to choose from and the bar is well stocked! Juniors are also allowed to the after party as long as they nominate a guardian to watch over them. This could involve paying me $20 when you get there to tell the bar staff that I am your guardian.....:rolleyes: . Juniors can't drink alcohol so don't!
There may also be some prizes to give away at the party so come along and enjoy the night.

dearest Dozer, I read these directions and it seems they are well written but it doesn't say anything about if my bassetts can watch the race or if I am allowed to bring the ashes of my dad to watch me race....I think you have left out some vital info my friend.......
regards worry boy......;)

binner

Hath shat hymself
with pride

oh you mean you re gonna come out of your shell and race now...
looking forward to it mate.. coffs is gonna rock even more this year.
i can hear from here the cheering from the queensland guys.

nicho

this year will be even more louder & more entertaining ...and 2 tents to hang around.....;) ;)