09 Giant glory DH1

todd28

Likes Dirt
This is for anybody who has a glory or a similar problem with their bike.
Has anybody noticed the chain hitting the lower rear swing arm on the drive side near the bottom wheel of the chain guide?
It hits pretty much all the time when in granny gear and smacks it when you go over the smallest bumps. And you cant put something really thick in there either. Just wondering what other people have done to prevent this bitch of a problem. I just used small cable ties. But it doesn't really work that well and am looking for a better and more affective solution. I have posted a pic of mine.
Thanks.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/norcosix2todd/DSC_0001.jpg

zen zen

Likes Dirt
You could always take the guide off and crank on the right side and put more bike tube on there then chuck it all back on. should solve the problem.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
But wont that affect the performance of the guide? and also I meant the granny ring on the back cassette
Uummm I dont know exactly what you mean with 'performance' but loosen off the bolts holding in the iscg tabs and rotate 10-15 degrees counter-clockwise and work from there. Its designed to do that, and im pretty sure it wont affect the guide's 'performance'.

nskz

Likes Dirt
The problem with the 09 Glory (well it was a problem with mine) is that the taco (e13-lg1) hits the frame, stopping your from rotating the idler bracket forward more (there is not enough adjustment in the idler alone to cure the problem). What did to solve this was grind a bit off the taco so you could rotate the bracket further forward. You don't need to take off much, just enough so you can get the clearance you require.

todd28

Likes Dirt
The problem with the 09 Glory (well it was a problem with mine) is that the taco (e13-lg1) hits the frame, stopping your from rotating the idler bracket forward more (there is not enough adjustment in the idler alone to cure the problem). What did to solve this was grind a bit off the taco so you could rotate the bracket further forward. You don't need to take off much, just enough so you can get the clearance you require.

Eh. I think i might chuck a whole lot more mini cable ties on :eek:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The bottom guide on your chain device is way too close to your chain ring. Slide it almost all the way out and it'll pretty much clear the frame.
Your chain device doesn't need to keep your chain on while it is sitting in your garage. It only needs to work when you're on your bike and when you are on your bike your rear swing arm sections compress thus making the angle of your chain different. The feed of your chain will not come out as long as you have some of the guide coveriing it.
Slide it away from your chain ring, your's is way too close.