09 Revelation dual air problems

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On my Reign i have some 09 Revelation dual air forks and yesterday when out riding they started making a hissing noise out of the compression lock out gate. Today they're hissing and bubbling a little oil, have I blown a seal internally or is it normal to leak a little? I've never had forks with a lock out so I'm not not overly savvy with whats normal.

Last edited:

Chil

Likes Dirt
That certainly doesn't sound healthy that's for sure, the dual air revelations I had on my old trail bike never lost air that way, definitely sounds like a broken seal, to be safe I'd take them to get rebuilt.

beardi

Likes Dirt
Very common problem on that era of revs/rebas...usual fix involves replacing the cartridge.

MountGower

Likes Dirt
Have you or anyone else changed the damper oil or done anything at all to that side of the fork just prior to this noise starting ?

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I had this happen to an old pair of Reba's of mine, 07 or 08 models I think. If it's the same thing, then it's a pretty easy fix of just replacing a 20c o-ring in the floodgate assembly.

Depending on when they were last serviced though, you may want to do a full service & seal kit job.