09 State Series 4X & DS Calendar

wsmtbdhvp

NSWMTB, Western Sydney MTB
Rocky Trails Entainment will be again the managers of the series so keep an eye for discounted entry for all events on line in the near future.

Round 1 GMTB Goulburn Green Grocers March 28 Dual Slalom 29 4X
Round 2 CORC Stromlo Forest Park April 18 Dual Slalom 19 4X
Round 3 WSMTB Ebenezer June 13 Dual Slalom 14 4X
Round 4 WSMTB Del Rio (If built in time) or SOPMMX (if Del Rio not built in time)
July 11 Dual Slalom 12 4X
Championships WSMTB Kurrajong August 8 Dual Slalom 9 4X

Dual Slalom on Saturday 4X on Sunday

feltq650

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looks to be a good series. what stage is del reo at? and what style of track is it planed to be?

Fraz

Likes Dirt
what stage is del reo at? and what style of track is it planed to be?
I hope something similar to Kurrajong. I'm glad to see Rocky Trail Entertainment on board again. the races I did attend last season where ran very well. I have to agree, It looks to be a good series.

Can you comment on any of the Dual Slalom courses? Are they all just flat grass tracks with cones/poles?

wsmtbdhvp

09 State Series 4X and DS

Del Rio has only an area that we intend to build, Brett Barnes has yet to submit some plans (Brett designed and Geoff Cartright best skid steer in the world built Ebenezer, Kurrajong, Green Grocers SOPMMX) Del Rio has roughly teh same slope as Kurrajong but is in the bush and has big rocks and logs so we are asking Brett to design one with logs and rocks but transverses the hill almost with switch backs as we have not rope tow to get back up.

Dual Slalom is designed to be easy safe and fast, so most are on flat track grass, Stromlo ran last years on fire trail with poles. With 4X becomming harder (Kurrajong's 11 metre jump Ebenezers rocks and Stromlo's rock drops) we need a short course race that you can ride and not be frigntened to introduce riders to the sport and to give riders the same style of racing and not the possibility of hearting them selves so badly when they make a mistake. I raced both least year and have introduced DS into our club 4X races this year so I can take the age groups down to U11 and U9.

wsmtbdhvp

09 State Series 4X and DS Calendar

Have copied this post from our partners Rocky Trails posted in riding 4X, also some last minute changes Stromlo swapped with Ebenezer and Kurrajong moved to August 15, 16.

Hi all,

We are happy to bring you again this year the 4X and Dual Slalom State Series together with NSWMTB, Goulburn MTB Club, CORC and WSMTB.

The dates and venues have been confirmed and the first round will be in Goulburn on the 28 + 29 March. Registration for it will open early next week. All the details will be on our website: www.rockytrailentertainment.com

The plan for this year is to have Dual Slalom always on the Saturday, 4X on the Sunday. We will also announce a local pub/hotel/restaurant in the area where we have evening get-togethers (similar to what we did at the 4X National Rounds last year).

We have some sponsor and supporter interest as well this year and I will announce it as soon as everything is confirmed.

We still work on the pricing but it will be similar to last year. Only difference is that on the day registration will be substantially more than doing it online. It just makes our life so much easier and we can run a smoother event if we know a few days in advance how many people are going to be there. Online registration will usually close 1-2 days before the event so plenty of time to make up your minds.

If you want to introduce mates or fellow XC riders to the sport bring them along to the Dual Slalom events. They are a lot more tame than 4X and great fun - even (or especially) on a XC bike. Plus it will improve your cornering skills - I promise!

Will be in touch with rider briefing and updates.

Looking forward to some great racing in 2009!
Martin