11/12sp compatibility Q

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
5mm at the bottom of a downstroke won’t matter. Having the chainring rub on the frame because dad bought the wrong cranks will.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I reckon the Burgtec will work. One Up switch won't be a problem either, I'm running two and the bolts don't protrude past the inside of the ring.

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
It only mentions 9-12 SRAM chains....which tells me that the shimano 12 is different (not just XTR)
Maybe I've just over read, and confused myself to the point of choice paralysis as usual :(
Cheers man.

Edit. I'll be running an 11sp chain though.....so that should work regardless. Think i'll try this if the Burgtec DM doesn't work.
Yeah, I don't understand why only Shimano 12 sp XTR is different. Would a Shimano Deore 12 sp chain work on those One up chainrings? The One Up website doesn't go into any detail about the claim.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Yeah, I don't understand why only Shimano 12 sp XTR is different. Would a Shimano Deore 12 sp chain work on those One up chainrings? The One Up website doesn't go into any detail about the claim.
@Labcanary all Shimano 12spd chains are the same.
The reason XTR is normally quoted is due to any new tech advances occurring to XTR first before trickling down to lower-end groupsets.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ran a 12sp XTR ring (SM-CRM95 on FC-MT900 crankset) with an 11sp HG-901 chain for a good while on the Marino and it seemed fine to me. Maybe i'm just ignorant of a slightly rougher drivetrain?