11 Speed XD cassette 'where to buy' 'please' :)

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thinking about keeping my 27.5" rear wheel as a spare for the hardtail, but I need an XD cassette. Had a look on a few sites (the ones I know about anyway), the cheapest I can see is Pushys. They have these - 'sram-gx-xg1150-10-42t-11spd' for $199.. Just checking if there may be a better price to be had? Cheers :)

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Bike Bug (cheapest at $150), 99 Bikes and MTB Direct all advertise that cheaper but state as out of stock. I'd by giving your local Bike Bug a call, or 99 bikes.

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bike Bug (cheapest at $150), 99 Bikes and MTB Direct all advertise that cheaper but state as out of stock. I'd by giving your local Bike Bug a call, or 99 bikes.
Thanks creaky - I checked their site - Out of stock at the moment, but best price by a long way. I may as well just wait until they get some more in. Cheers :)

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Thanks creaky - I checked their site - Out of stock at the moment, but best price by a long way. I may as well just wait until they get some more in. Cheers :)
Call them mate, they have stores around. I've bought from them before and had delivered and also nearest store pickups.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Thinking about keeping my 27.5" rear wheel as a spare for the hardtail, but I need an XD cassette. Had a look on a few sites (the ones I know about anyway), the cheapest I can see is Pushys. They have these - 'sram-gx-xg1150-10-42t-11spd' for $199.. Just checking if there may be a better price to be had? Cheers :)
Can you change the driver to a shimano? If so it might be cheaper to do that and get a Sunrace cassette?

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Call them mate, they have stores around. I've bought from them before and had delivered and also nearest store pickups.
Thanks again creaky. I just went on their website and filled in the inquiry form. I haven't bought from them before (no big deal) - but it would be nice to use an Ozzy supplier for a change I guess. Things seem to have gone a bit fuzzy with O/S suppliers from what I can see. Cheers :)

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can you change the driver to a shimano? If so it might be cheaper to do that and get a Sunrace cassette?
To be honest, without doing any research I am not sure, you have raised a good point. The wheel is a Raceface Turbine R 12 x 142.. Maybe one of the Tech Gurus on here might know ? Cheers bud. :)

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
You should be able to. Pretty much every major hub manufacturer offers both options, so it's normally a pretty slick process to swap bodies. You will need to get the right body for the wheel though, as every manufacturer has their own specific interface between hub shell and freewheel body.

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You should be able to. Pretty much every major hub manufacturer offers both options, so it's normally a pretty slick process to swap bodies. You will need to get the right body for the wheel though, as every manufacturer has their own specific interface between hub shell and freewheel body.
Hi Duckmeister - I just did a quick search and found one on an O/S website (so probably can't be shipped to Australia anyway?) But check out the price - holy cow.. https://r2-bike.com/RACE-FACE-Freehub-Body-Conversion-Kit-for-Vault-Hub-Shimano-SRAM Thankyou for you input. Looks like the cassette at this point.. Cheers :)

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
How'd you go with this?

You have an xd freehub on yours?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Thanks again creaky. I just went on their website and filled in the inquiry form. I haven't bought from them before (no big deal) - but it would be nice to use an Ozzy supplier for a change I guess. Things seem to have gone a bit fuzzy with O/S suppliers from what I can see. Cheers :)
Bikebug are solid. Bought a bunch of stuff from them. If you ever go into one of their stores though, make sure you check the web price first, because the sticker price is usually more. I've never had an issue from the staff asking for web price at my local bikebug.

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I got a reply email off them about a week ago saying they were back in stock, that was at 10.30am. By the time I got in from work at around 3pm and went on their website, they were out of stock again. I sent them another email to check it all out. Yep, all gone. They said more stock coming soon. Looks like the office workers who check their emails through the day are beating me into the first turn.. Cheers

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Things seem to have gone a bit fuzzy with O/S suppliers from what I can see. Cheers :)
Tell me about it ! I'm disgusted by the geoblocking, Shimano, Sram, Mavic, Pearl Izumi, MET ect... I'll be riding my several bikes with 11spd, 142mm drivetrains into the ground now... when the hipsters are on 18spd and 180mm rear hubs.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Tell me about it ! I'm disgusted by the geoblocking, Shimano, Sram, Mavic, Pearl Izumi, MET ect... I'll be riding my several bikes with 11spd, 142mm drivetrains into the ground now... when the hipsters are on 18spd and 180mm rear hubs.
You bearded hipster! 10spd is where its at. I just picked up some xtr m980 shifters on sale from Fanatik.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk