12 month lurker, first time poster!

Hello from Melbourne.
I'm 42 years young and thoroughly enjoying my biking comeback.
The comeback started last year when I bought a bike of this very forum, a Polygon AX3 (cheers Bighair). Absolutely awesome bike, took it everywhere. Then I rode Stonefly. Wow, near death experience. Was it me being a fat, unfit bastard or the 26 inch wheels and bouncy suspension? I chose the latter. So upon my return to Melbourne another purchase was made, this time a Focus 29er hard tail. Man it was fast! I thought I had it all.
Polygon for the descents, Focus for the big rides. Then I rode The Epic on the opening day! (If anyone was there, I was with the tripper on the cyclocross)
The dude who runs the Corner store at Forrest once asked me what an old guy like me was on a hard tail for, to be honest, I was a bit offended. But now I know what he was talking about. My arse was wrecked! Epic trail or epic Mardi gras? Another bike in the stable? I didnt want to try that on with the minister for war and finance so I made the call. I'd be a two bike man, one roady (Giant TCX) and one do it all mountain bike. Flogged of all unneeded bikes to build a slush fund and started looking.
Criteria. Needed to be a 29er, needed to be a dual suspension, needed to be different.

And the winner, a Niner Rip 9, green. Custom build that is very close to the finish.

So thats about it.

Catch you on the trails.

Chris

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
but there is no picture...surely you had enough time to take 1 in the 12 months of lurking????????????????????????????????

I really don't like to read to much into forum names but I suspect pink poodle may be looking for pics of my wrecked arse? Hate to disappoint on my second post but ain't going to happen!
What I will do is introduce the Niner in post my ride later on when I work out posting pics.

Chris

Wow,tough crowd!

Thanks for the tip. I honestly wouldn't have applied for trading access on the above dribble, it was just an attempt at some friendly banter. In future, "most" of my posts will be of a constructive nature, not much tech as I'm still a bit green, but trip reports, video and pics. (possibly of broken but holes if really pressed poodle)

So before to much damage is done, I'll wind up this introduction and move on to the "post your ride", minus the smart arse!

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
Wow,tough crowd!

Thanks for the tip. I honestly wouldn't have applied for trading access on the above dribble, it was just an attempt at some friendly banter. In future, "most" of my posts will be of a constructive nature, not much tech as I'm still a bit green, but trip reports, video and pics. (possibly of broken but holes if really pressed poodle)

So before to much damage is done, I'll wind up this introduction and move on to the "post your ride", minus the smart arse!
Quick Mods ban him!! Smart arse is mandatory everywhere but the trading area!!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I knew you'd come round...friendly banter is the way of the web. You'll do well here. Just use the search function, don't ask what wheel size or bike to buy, never freeze your sperm or have panniers, and above all else be sure to not ask what is in someones riding pack. All other chin leading pitfalls are yours to discover and enjoy. You like flames and llamas right?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have some swimmers down at the lab. Why the anti-freeze?
Just check out any thread involving user financial war and all your questions will be answered...

If you need any extra, I've got 9L of slightly used minimen in the freezer. Pm to deal.