12sp XT or XTR hubs

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Anyone here have any experience with the new 12sp Xt or XTR hubs? Like them? Fast engagement like the reviews say?

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Ordered. I should just stick to asking simple questions like "Should I go with yellow or black grips on my yellow bike??"

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Ordered. I should just stick to asking simple questions like "Should I go with yellow or black grips on my yellow bike??"
Black grips.

I don’t think many round these parts will have had much experience on new shimano hubs tbh.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
I have XT 12 speed hubs. Take the freewheel out and grease the interface of the freewheel and the hub. Mine got super noisy and ran into a bunch of people who had same and complained about same noise. I was told I could warranty it but don't have time for that shit I ride my bike 4 days a week.

Grease fixed it right up and hasn't made a sound since. Circlip pliers don't work I used 2 tiny screwdrivers and pliers to squeeze them on the outer side of the "circlip." Seems shimano has invented their own fucked up stupid circlip design to hold the freewheel on.