135mm hub spacers

captainmorgan

Likes Dirt
I have a frame that accepts a 142mmx12mm rear hub, but my hub is only 135mmx12mm.
Does anyone know of any quick and easy 3.5mm spacers I can use to make the wheel fit?

moorey

call me Mia
I have a frame that accepts a 142mmx12mm rear hub, but my hub is only 135mmx12mm.
Does anyone know of any quick and easy 3.5mm spacers I can use to make the wheel fit?
What hub? If hope, easy fix. Probably others that I can't vouch for.

captainmorgan

Likes Dirt
It's a Macmahone hub. I was hoping I could just find some 3.5mm spacers and stick them on either side of the hub. Surely this is possible?

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And you risk throwing the chainline off, then having to space brake mounts, and bottom brackets and chainrings/cranks.

captainmorgan

Likes Dirt
The 142mm system was designed for easier wheel installation nothing more and was based around a 135mm hub with end caps. The same goes for 157mm axles on DH bikes. All you need would be a 3.5mm spacer on either side and you'll be fine.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2011/02/07/tech-speak-142x12-whats-the-big-idea/
Just read under the title : Why 142mm rear spacing? Wasn’t 135 good enough?
My thoughts exactly. But where can I get 3.5mm spacers? This is proving to be the hard part. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Chil

Likes Dirt

disappearin

Likes Dirt
Crank bros spacers shouldn't be hard to get hold of. Cost me $35 for the pair last time so not exactly cheap but work well.

disappearin

Likes Dirt

my02

Likes Dirt
Captain Morgan,

PM me your address.

I have two aluminium spacers, 3.5m each.

Will post them to you next week.