140mm travel frame choice advice...

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
Was chatting about it last night, i know its not 140mm but have you considered the 5010/solo from SC, pretty mean looking 130 Rig.

out of the ones you have listed i am still in favor of the Spitty, its a killer bike and you won't be disappointed.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I quite like the Knolly Endorphin, even though it's another 130mm bike.

If I didn't get a Spitfire, I was eyeing off one of those.

Z

Zaf

So far ive read a whole lot of chit chat about everything but 140mm bikes...:drum:

Ive whilttled it down to 4 contenders
Giant trance
Mondraker foxy
Banshee spitfire

Yeti sb5(127mm) i know but its a yeti and ive love em
What are you leaning towards on that list?
What else do you have in your quiver?
Are you looking for a longer legged trail bike or a shorter travelled charger?

Also, don't let the actual numbers of travel dissuade you from some of the best trail bikes in those categories. Gravey train was rolling the SB5c with a longer fork for all the Australian enduro series.
The Following has been met with amazing reviews with its capabilities, especially with the same treatment of throwing 140mm up front, as long as you get along with slacker seat post angle compared to modern geometry standards.

I own a 2016 Stumpy FSR S-works 29er and if I didn't have such an attachment to my SB66c it would be out of a job. It's seriously that good! The way that bike behaves is just the best of all worlds, planted when it ploughs rough, and poppy when it wants to play. It was a second off my best times on one of the roughest descents out here (short of the DH tracks) on its first ride; a time set on my Yeti, which at the time, had 4,500km of familiarity.
And if you don't like the idea of buying a Specialized (I know there are some holdouts amongst you all still), Santa Cruz Hightower gives you the same geometry but you swap a SWAT box for sensible shock spacing and a threaded BB.

robbieraver

Likes Dirt
Im after a mid travel smasher thats got the balls and angles to match bigger travel down while still remaining playful and poppy when not pointed down...
Ive got a sb66 and it is gathering dust(ive also got an attachment to my yeti) because ive also got a commencal meta trail v4 (120mm,27.5) and its by far the best bike ive riden..long wheel base longer than the 66 and longer again in the top tube, only a degree less in the head angle..BUT when its going down the big fast and rough, 120mm just dosnt cut it....

stirk

Burner
Yes...i want a bike that dose it all.....
I'm quite fond of my bike, is playful and climbs very well and downhill it thunders. The good enduro bikes will all be very similar as everyone copies the good geometry.

I'd base my choice on the frame only, the look of it, BB type and rear linkage type, number of bearings and ease of maintenance.

stirk

Burner
Im after a mid travel smasher thats got the balls and angles to match bigger travel down while still remaining playful and poppy when not pointed down...
Ive got a sb66 and it is gathering dust(ive also got an attachment to my yeti) because ive also got a commencal meta trail v4 (120mm,27.5) and its by far the best bike ive riden..long wheel base longer than the 66 and longer again in the top tube, only a degree less in the head angle..BUT when its going down the big fast and rough, 120mm just dosnt cut it....

The commercial meta looks nice, they do a longer travel version yeah? Easy decision that one or you want something different...

moorey

call me Mia
I adore my spitty, but it's not the lightest bike out there. Mine has an XT level build with pikes and flows. It varies between 13.8-14.2kg, depending on which wheelset I run (nn's for trail, maxxis hr2/minion for Gravity)

You would need a seriously expensive carbon build to get a spitty below 13kg....where as my Five sits comfortably below 13, with same basic build as the spitty.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you considered a Process 134?
It isn't carbon, but it is a brilliant bike. (I am totally biased)