140mm travel frame choice advice...

robbieraver

Likes Dirt
Hey all needing some advice on a frame...as i cant make up my mind on what to get ive turned to you...

Frame travel 140mm, carbon/alloy, internal cabling.

moorey

call me Mia
At the risk of going off topic with a serious reply....what are you wanting to do?
I have 2 140mm frames, one is a lighter, better pedalling XC/trail bike, the other is an awesome plush #enduro type bike. They have near identical builds, btw.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Wheel size? Any geo preferences?
Plenty of good frames at 140mm, just need to pin point what direction you want to go.

stirk

Burner
Well that narrows it down alot.

Moorey and mitchy are in a good mood, I suggest you take advantage of that and tell em wheel size also.

Buget may also help, got $1 or $50, planning on 1x??? As some frames won't run a front derailleur. Colour preference also narrows it down unless you want to paint the frame yourself, loads of preference you are not listing.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia

Moorey and mitchy are in a good mood, I suggest you take advantage of that and tell em wheel size also.

Buget may also help, got $1000 or $1000, planning on 1x??? As some frames won't run a front derailleur. Colour preference also narrows it down unless you want to paint the frame yourself, loads of preference you are not listing.
That's a pretty narrow range :nerd:
Are you trying to anger me? :rant:

robbieraver

Likes Dirt

Buget may also help, got $1 or $50, planning on 1x??? As some frames won't run a front derailleur. Colour preference also narrows it down unless you want to paint the frame yourself, loads of preference you are not listing.

Price dosnt matter
Colour dosnt matter
1× only
27.5 only

They are the only ones that matter to me and as above, trail long and slack.

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
Price dosnt matter
Colour dosnt matter
1× only
27.5 only

They are the only ones that matter to me and as above, trail long and slack.
I know you said price doesn't matter but if we suggested a $12,000 ride i'm sure your gonna go tell us to shove it where the sun don't shine :)

let us know your intended expenditure so we (not me) can make good suggestions

Z

Zaf

Evil Following, Stumpjumper FSR, Yeti SB45c or SB5c, Trek Remedy, Santa Cruz Hightower, Transition Smuggler, Pyga Stage Max, etc.
The list is pretty amazing when it comes to bikes in this category, it should be more of a whittling down of what features matter to you most, and then getting a budget that fits.

moorey

call me Mia
Evil Following, Stumpjumper FSR, Yeti SB45c or SB5c, Trek Remedy, Santa Cruz Hightower, Transition Smuggler, Pyga Stage Max, etc.
The list is pretty amazing when it comes to bikes in this category, it should be more of a whittling down of what features matter to you most, and then getting a budget that fits.
How does your list not include a spitfire? Do you even?

Z

Zaf

The Following is only 120mm in the rear and a 29er.
Stumpy in 29er (best format) is 135/140mm.
Transition Smuggler is 115/130mm 29er.
Hightower 135/140mm 29er.
Pyga Stage Max is 140mm 29er.
Remedy is a 140mm 29er.

But I'd still list them in the same Category. Should add the Banshee Phantom to the mix, that thing is a weapon! Guy up here has one that he never rides and the little time I spent on it was amazing.. Just alloy in the hands of a Carbon snob.