AM 141

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
RRT Mezzer made it's way onto this making the ride even better. Trying out some MSC Gripper's on both rides. Very promising performance so far.
240mm dropper is on the way too.
View attachment 388191
What's the deal with working with RRT? Do you just buy the whole fork from them or send them your fork? I'm assuming that they are in Italy.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
What's the deal with working with RRT? Do you just buy the whole fork from them or send them your fork? I'm assuming that they are in Italy.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Either is an option. I chose to supply due to the cost difference with VAT etc. Yes Dave is in Italy. Shipping is a killer now.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
After a 2 week tour around with Auspost the NSR Mezzers are back with a New CSU, full rebuild - new SKF wipers, new air seals, Bushing Calibration, NSR-RACING Cartridge kit & Custom tune.
Nige's recommendations are quite a bit different to Dave's so looking forward to seeing what works/feels better for me.
New Dorados are next to go to Nige. Have a Rulezman drop crown waiting.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2 Very nice forks you have! And a dorado incoming too!
Your smooth bushing video is impressive!! Makes me want to get all my fork bushings burnished.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
What’s your long term review of the 141 @Wake Jake ?

Geo looks great but chain stays are very long on XL
Really enjoying the 141. Pedals well and is nicely balanced. If it had 435mm stays I feel it would take away the balance.
The construction is solid and not any thing fancy. The geometry makes it super capable and only the travel holds it back on the rowdy stuff.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Been dialling in the pressures lately using Nige's settings which is low pressures significant dampening. Have settled on 71/101psi @ -1 HSC -3 HSC -6 Rebound. Fork is feeling fantastic! Tracking and mid stroke support along solid end stroke ramp is all there. Also no sore hands is well received, feeling like a mini RRT Dorado at this point.
If anyone with Mezzers can spare $700 it's well worth it as a true performance upgrade.
Full disclosure have always installed an Intend Stiffmaster headset.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Been dialling in the pressures lately using Nige's settings which is low pressures significant dampening. Have settled on 71/101psi @ -1 HSC -3 HSC -6 Rebound. Fork is feeling fantastic! Tracking and mid stroke support along solid end stroke ramp is all there. Also no sore hands is well received, feeling like a mini RRT Dorado at this point.
If anyone with Mezzers can spare $700 it's well worth it as a true performance upgrade.
Full disclosure have always installed an Intend Stiffmaster headset.
Would this theory work with Rulezmans tuning? Currently your settings are similar to mine, accounting for the psi difference due to weight, except I'm not using nearly as much rebound (unless your settings are from closed). Might crank the rebound for the next ride and see what happens.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Would this theory work with Rulezmans tuning? Currently your settings are similar to mine, accounting for the psi difference due to weight, except I'm not using nearly as much rebound (unless your settings are from closed). Might crank the rebound for the next ride and see what happens.
It's quite possible would need to do it back to back. Rulezman's pressures for my Dorados I also found too firm. Settings are from closed. Going to go progressively faster rebound and see how I handle it. Nige's recommendation.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
It's quite possible would need to do it back to back. Rulezman's pressures for my Dorados I also found too firm. Settings are from closed. Going to go progressively faster rebound and see how I handle it. Nige's recommendation.
I might give this a go next time I'm out. The Meezer is running well but it's always fun to have a play with the settings.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Seems this worked :cool:
The damping adjustments have as much influence of ride height as air pressure. General rule would be to set sag first and only alter once all damping solutions are exhausted, or another way to look at it is always run the minimum air pressure and the fastest rebound you can handle & fix everything else w compression