15+ years off....no worries

Flow-Rider

Burner
It's very disheartening having MTB trails around moto wanks, all your hard work goes to shit in just one day. They fuck trail networks up and when the trails are so badly eroded that they can no longer ride them, they just piss off and do it in another park. They don't stop to clear fallen trees just roost a new line around them, any difficult rock feature just gets a new line around it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Why bike are you on? What was your last bike? Is be interested to hear how you found the design differences that have transpired when you first got back on the bike?

Dangals

Likes Dirt
Why bike are you on? What was your last bike? Is be interested to hear how you found the design differences that have transpired when you first got back on the bike?
Current bike is a 2019 Nukeproof Mega 275c so 170/165 travel enduro bike. Last bike I had way back when was a Giant ATX DH which from memory was only 160mm in the rear. The Giant was much more upright though and shorter wheelbase but an absolute prick to ride uphill though.

The nukeproof is amazing in comparison as whilst most things I have ridden down with relative ease, no doubt I will likely find my own limits before I find the limit of the bike. Being longer and slacker than the Giant it is easy to get confidence up when riding at speed but I have found it much harder to manual due to the longer chainstays (+ overall length) compared to the Giant. Biggest difference is the pedaling efficiency, the Giant would wallow so bad when you would put any effort through the pedals where the Mega is super composed and rides uphill really well for a bike with this much travel, although I have found in certain terrain the front tyre can feel a little light although that is probably more on my technique than anything else.

natskis

Likes Bikes
Absolutely, also there needs to be more trails at Lapstone, the 1 DH trail is just not enough, plus also is quite a jump in difficulty for those getting into it. Would be amazing if there was a smoother flow type trail with A/B lines as well so those new can progress up to riding proper DH tracks. They think because they green lit one track that it is enough... :rolleyes:
After coming back from Queenstown Bike Park and falling in love with the steep flow of Vertigo and also Rude Rock... you're 100% right.
I'd LOVE a flowy steep switchback trail down the mountains. Would be amazing.

Also... great video!
Years off but you're still a pinner!

Dangals

Likes Dirt
After coming back from Queenstown Bike Park and falling in love with the steep flow of Vertigo and also Rude Rock... you're 100% right.
I'd LOVE a flowy steep switchback trail down the mountains. Would be amazing.
I would love to go to Queenstown for riding, have been there in the winter time and it is an awesome location.

Also... great video!
Years off but you're still a pinner!
Thanks mate, having a tonne of fun not only riding again but mucking about with the gopro and making some vids