160/50 mm fork on Norco Sight 2015

map4455

Squid
I have a norco sight 2015. Can it handle a 160-150 mm fork. It comes with a 140mm fork. When i bought it it had a sticker saying 140mm was max fork size. I think this might be to do with warranty.

moorey

call me Mia
I have a norco sight 2015. Can it handle a 160-150 mm fork. It comes with a 140mm fork. When i bought it it had a sticker saying 140mm was max fork size. I think this might be to do with warranty.
Warranty will certainly be voided. 20mm isn't a huge amount. 10mm higher bb. About 1deg slacker head. I'd recommend 150. Plenty are running it. Warranty will still be the issue if anything goes wrong though, I'd reckon.

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
Been running a 150mm Pike on a 2013 Sight for ages. It works fine.. really nice in fact. It doesn't make any noticeable difference in going up things, going down is definitely nicer.

The downside is losing the warranty, but I seriously doubt the extra 10mm puts the frame at risk of failing.

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ive been running a 160 Pike on my Carbon Sight since new no problem.

Really happy I went with a 160mm rather than 150mm Pike. Gives it a very nice 66.5 HA IMO perfect geo for the general aggressive trail riding I do.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anybody know if you can change/mod the DPA pike to turn down less than 30mm? i.e. to 140/160? That would be useable, the 130/160 is a bit retardo methinks, neither here nor there, unless you aren't sposed to ride in the lower setting.

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anybody know if you can change/mod the DPA pike to turn down less than 30mm? i.e. to 140/160? That would be useable, the 130/160 is a bit retardo methinks, neither here nor there, unless you aren't sposed to ride in the lower setting.
Why would you want to do that? 140 for the climbs/flat and 160 for the decent - seems about right to me. What do you find retarded about the 140mm?

dbowden

Likes Dirt
Go to the shop you bought it from and ask them to order the air chamber for a 150 or 160mm pike. its aorund $50 and is very simple to install. (PM me if you want to know how to do it)

Myself along with a fellow 2015 sight owner both have 160mm solo air pikes fitted and it is the best decision we made. It makes to bike just that little bit more aggressive.

A 140/160 dual position would be better for the climbs but for the $50 dollar part upgrade I was happy to go with 160mm alone.

if the bb height is a real issue you could utilize offset bushes to regain the change. Just keep in mind the frame is designed around a 140mm fork so upping the travel slackens the seat tube, raises the BB, slackens the head angle etc.

I haven't noticed any difference to pedaling performance through standard up/down trails only when it gets 15% or greater have i noticed the reduced weight over the front end making it slightly harder. (the return DH more than made up for slight extra effort in getting to the top.

In terms of warranty, i have been assured by my local dealer that i am fine to do this and they were there when i installed it, although others may differ.

Any questions shoot me a message, more than happy to help out.

A picture of the part is below, your Rockshox Pike manual has the details of what spec rod you need to get the desired travel.

Attachments

Last edited:

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My Pike is the DPA, the 130mm rides very well for flats and climbs, the HA is nice at 68 deg for any quick sections pointing down which used to be DH bike territory not so long ago. Ive hit a few extended downhill sections in the 130mm mode and had no issues.

The only negative of riding in the 130mm mode is that the BB drops lower than stock so you end up clipping pedals on rocks. I agree 140mm would have been better but generally I only really use the 130mm for extended climbs.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why would you want to do that? 140 for the climbs/flat and 160 for the decent - seems about right to me. What do you find retarded about the 140mm?
Exactly, I can't really use 130 but can use 140+, so 140/160 would be good. but as pike dpa travel delta is 30mm, not 20mm, that scenario is fictional, hence my q.

dunndog

Eats Squid
This is good news, I have just bought a '15 sight c7.2 (haven't ridden it yet) and have also bought a Pike rct3 solo 160mm in anticipation of doing what some of you have done. I agree a 140/160 would be good too, but i'm thinking the slightly slacker climbing effort will be well worth it on the downs. So pumped to throw a leg over this bad boy!

crim 87

Likes Dirt
there sick rigs man im hanging out for the new hopefully will come out with a 150mm fork throw some pics up of yours when u can