170mm cranks for 2016 Giant Reign

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I'm a bit confused about the different specs. I'd like to look at changing my cranks on my 16 Giant Reign 0 from 175mm to 170mm. It's a Pressfit GXP BB. What are my options?

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Not on your current bottom bracket. Dub uses its own spindle size.
What cranks do you have in there now or do you know the BB size. 30mm / GXP / Shimano / raceface.

DMan

Not on your current bottom bracket. Dub uses its own spindle size.
What cranks do you have in there now or do you know the BB size. 30mm / GXP / Shimano / raceface.
Sorry, I updated my initial post after reading that they're not compatible. GXP, XX1 X-Sync

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Simplest fix, any other GXP crank will be a direct swap. Shimano cranks (or any others with a 24mm diameter spindle) will fit through the frame fine, but will need a BB to suit.

Minlak

custom titis
Well I had a look at the usual sites and all out of stock. Essentially unless you change the bottom bracket you can buy anything that’s sram in gxp. Now it depends on how much you want to spend. All the NX and GX level stuff in 170mm was sold. X1 or higher is ther but suddenly $400 a set.

DMan

Well I had a look at the usual sites and all out of stock. Essentially unless you change the bottom bracket you can buy anything that’s sram in gxp. Now it depends on how much you want to spend. All the NX and GX level stuff in 170mm was sold. X1 or higher is ther but suddenly $400 a set.
Yep, pretty much what I saw too. I'm thinking NX to be honest. It's not worth dumping $400 into the bike just for cranks.

Minlak

custom titis
Yep, pretty much what I saw too. I'm thinking NX to be honest. It's not worth dumping $400 into the bike just for cranks.
I would go NX get pushys to just notify when in stock and get them then. Or look for second hand ones