180/200mm single crown forks, 26 or 27.5 - could do $$ or swap for Fox 36 VAN R's

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Item: 180mm single crown forks or 200mm triples - 26 or 27.5 inch, straight steerer only
Price range/Willing to Pay: Show me whatcha got!
Extra Info: For light DH duties, might consider swapping for my Fox 36 VAN R's that are on the bike and in tip top condition.

Again, straight steerers only, thanks. Will measure the headtube tonight..., forgot I needed to supply that info :dunce:

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Pretty that frame will take any steerer size as long as johnny is prepared to chase headsets to fit.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I was hoping to stay simple thinking that it wouldn't be too much trouble to find some old boxxers or Totems, etc. that people are happy to move.

But, just like second hand 200/57 coil shocks, there's not a lot on offer out there.

Actually very surprised at how minimal the second hand market is out there. Is there anywhere else worth looking other than gumtree and FB Aust MTB Trader page?

moorey

call me Mia
I was hoping to stay simple thinking that it wouldn't be too much trouble to find some old boxxers or Totems, etc. that people are happy to move.

But, just like second hand 200/57 coil shocks, there's not a lot on offer out there.

Actually very surprised at how minimal the second hand market is out there. Is there anywhere else worth looking other than gumtree and FB Aust MTB Trader page?
20 mtb Facebook trader pages...
I'd add you...but I'm banned from most.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
lol, no I do not, for two reasons. 1 - because they are dorados, 2 - that's double the price the whole dang bike cost!

I'm really looking for second hand sub-$500. With the amount of boxxers and Fox 40s floating around in the mid 2000s I'm surprised there aren't more on the second hand market these days.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Not a big fan of the Dorados. Prefer boxxers, Fox or single crown 180 straighties.

Ideate

Why? They travel adjust to 180mm without touching them m8! Plus they look tits with no stickers.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I've had a few rides on them in the past and they felt a little noodley to me. Might have been my imagination but I know others who sold their for the same reason.

If I can't did up what I'm looking for I might have to consider them though.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Headset is 1-1/8, unfortunately.

The bombers that mooboyj linked to are pretty much on the money. A knuckle in shining armour may have come through for me so I'm still looking at options but holding off on making a purchase at the moment.