1960s Speedwell Streak

Borci88

Likes Dirt
Well after trading my Downhill to a bike mechanic of mine, he in turn traded his freshly built up Single Speed Speedwell Streak, the frame was found in hard rubbish and all the parts have been bought rather than found, yes that is the original paint and stickers. Anybody know the exact year/model/specs of what this frame was?

Prowheel Forged Cranks
Quando Hubs (Flip flop Rear) laced to Aero Rims,
Bullhorn bars and just a front brake.

Very simple, Very fun.

davo808

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wait wait wait, you traded your dh bike for it??
its nice, but I wouldnt see that as a fair trade :eek:

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
trade dh bike for a skinny bike, tight pants wearing, cordial drinking = FAIL FOR LIFE!!! :mad:

ps.. gay seat!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
snip... freshly built up Single Speed Speedwell Streak, the frame was found in hard rubbish and all the parts have been bought rather than found, yes that is the original paint and stickers. Anybody know the exact year/model/specs of what this frame was? ...snip
Looks great, nice colour scheme. Have fun riding it :)

As for info you might find something here.

Edit: or not, the site hasn't been updated in a while, basically tells you Speedwell is an Australian brand

Last edited:

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i couldnt see a trade for a DH unless you got a decent amout of cash your way, or your DH was very out dated???

im building up one atm, and its cost me under $150 built, with carbon crank set, 1 1/8th stem conversion, and all the other funky stuff.

just what ever you do, DO NOT CHANGE THE BARS TO THE GAY 300mm things