1995 Carbon FS vs 2012 Carbon FS

Yet1

Likes Dirt
My first full suspension bike - a 1995 Trek Y22, which I bought when they first came out. Mix of XT and LX running gear, Rock Shox Judy forks and a fairly basic Fox air shock (about 2.5 inches of travel front/rear), canti brakes (about as effective as dragging your feet along the ground to try and slow down). At the time, this bike was pretty nice. This eventualy saw a few upgrades (magura hydralic caliper brakes, bomber forks etc) and was in service until 2000 when I got a Trek VRX500 (the worst dual suspension bike ever?)

Trek.jpg

Now my latest bike, 17 years later... also carbon, XTR everything, fox shocks, a whole lot more travel, Crossmax ST wheels and amazing to ride. Bikes have come a fair way in this time! 17 years ago, people would have laughed at you if you said you would one day be pedalling a 6 inch travel bike up hill!

YetiSB66.jpg

MB

Intense Australia
Is that a kashima coat shock in the Y bike?

Just kidding, that's a sweet looking SB you got there, very pretty. What's it weigh?

Yet1

Likes Dirt
Is that a kashima coat shock in the Y bike?

Just kidding, that's a sweet looking SB you got there, very pretty. What's it weigh?
Not sure what the SB weighs - but saw the same frame with 32 forks and Sram XX came in at 11.5 kg. So would think mine is around 12 or just over 12kg.

MB

Intense Australia
Not sure what the SB weighs - but saw the same frame with 32 forks and Sram XX came in at 11.5 kg. So would think mine is around 12 or just over 12kg.
It doesn't really matter what it weighs - a nice bike is a nice bike. That could weigh 15kg and still be rad. I love it.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When I bought my y-frame it was going to be for life. Tmes change, now I've got a yeti. Such a different ride.