1st time at Mill Creek

Dangals

Likes Dirt
Haven't done much riding lately :( but finally managed to get out and decided to head down to Mill Creek trails at Lucas Heights as people had suggested it as a good introduction to jumping with the Hit the Turps jump line there.

Definitely feel like it is my weak point as I just don't feel comfortable hitting anything really. The jump line here is certainly a good way to increase that confidence however I forgot my kneepads :rolleyes: so didn't want to push it too hard.

Overall not a bad set of trails at Mill Creek with a nice mix of tracks but nothing overly difficult. Will be a good place to take my kids once they improve a little more.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like a pretty cool spot, nice mix of tech & flow. That first/last trail (Hit the Turps?) seems like such a good starting point for learning to jump, so flowy

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Haven't done much riding lately :( but finally managed to get out and decided to head down to Mill Creek trails at Lucas Heights as people had suggested it as a good introduction to jumping with the Hit the Turps jump line there.
Great video. Thansk for sharing. Makes me realise more than I have to get back down there soon. It has been too long now.

Dangals

Likes Dirt
Looks like a pretty cool spot, nice mix of tech & flow. That first/last trail (Hit the Turps?) seems like such a good starting point for learning to jump, so flowy
Yeah that is what I had heard on here and other places so figured I would go check it out. However if you are hitting these well I can see you out growing them fairly quickly.

Great video. Thansk for sharing. Makes me realise more than I have to get back down there soon. It has been too long now.
Cheers - enjoyed putting it together :)

I had been meaning to get there for some time now but being an hour from home has always meant it became one of those "next time" options.

Great video. Black Hawk Down looks like a fun trail!
Yeah it was a fun little trail, next time I will remember my pads and so be more inclined to hit it a bit harder and maybe jump a few more of the gaps.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Pedal harder? lol
After clearing that first little step up (8:55, drop down into a berm than boost out) you can gap everything without pedalling again.

More elevation would make the trail longer which is what I was getting at. It’s a pretty short run.

Dangals

Likes Dirt
After clearing that first little step up (8:55, drop down into a berm than boost out) you can gap everything without pedalling again.

More elevation would make the trail longer which is what I was getting at. It’s a pretty short run.
Yeah I got that impression but was on limited time and so didn't get to head back up for a 2nd crack and without knee pads didn't really want to go full tilt. Good to know for next time though.

Elevation is certainly lacking unfortunately for anything longer which is a shame as the terrain itself is good and something double the length would be lots of fun.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Ah, gotcha. Yes always nice to have longer runs before the pedal back up! :)